Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6847 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Question Anyone explain how premium link gens work? (stream)

I've always wondered how the premium link gens work. You enter in a link and they use one of their premium accounts to get the file. But which methods do they use to stream to the user? Is it simply getting the premium link starting the download to a pipe that ends up being served to the user?

Just wondering out of curiosity. Any help would be appreciated
    futureawesome Reviewed by futureawesome on . Anyone explain how premium link gens work? (stream) I've always wondered how the premium link gens work. You enter in a link and they use one of their premium accounts to get the file. But which methods do they use to stream to the user? Is it simply getting the premium link starting the download to a pipe that ends up being served to the user? Just wondering out of curiosity. Any help would be appreciated xD Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    No it uses the premium account to download directly onto the server then it offers a download link to download from the server to your connection..

Understand?

something like rapidleech, i think

Thanks for the clarification. I remember though there were a few premium link services that just "streamed" the download to you.

It's quite simple. When you request a file to be downloaded with these services they will probably redirect you to a URL like this:

Code: 
    http://somesite.com/dl/1234
    There will be a script that the user accesses which connects to the file host using their own premium account and starts downloading the file to the server. As the file is being downloaded, the script will push the file's data to the users browser (but it will never push more data than what's been downloaded, for obvious reasons). It can be achieved in PHP by using a HTTP header to trick the browser into thinking the data being sent is is a download, and then using a loop to send the files data to the user. It works kind of like a proxy, if it helps to think of it like that. Using this method, the user doesn't have to wait for the entire file to be downloaded into the server, as they're being sent the file as the server is downloading it.

You can also restrict how much data is being sent to the user at once by modifying the loop, for example you could send 1024kb of data to the user, and then let the loop sleep for 1 second, resulting in a download speed of 1mb/s for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratz View Post
    It's quite simple. When you request a file to be downloaded with these services they will probably redirect you to a URL like this:

Code: 
    http://somesite.com/dl/1234
    There will be a script that the user accesses which connects to the file host using their own premium account and starts downloading the file to the server. As the file is being downloaded, the script will push the file's data to the users browser (but it will never push more data than what's been downloaded, for obvious reasons). It can be achieved in PHP by using a HTTP header to trick the browser into thinking the data being sent is is a download, and then using a loop to send the files data to the user. It works kind of like a proxy, if it helps to think of it like that. Using this method, the user doesn't have to wait for the entire file to be downloaded into the server, as they're being sent the file as the server is downloading it.

You can also restrict how much data is being sent to the user at once by modifying the loop, for example you could send 1024kb of data to the user, and then let the loop sleep for 1 second, resulting in a download speed of 1mb/s for the user.
    Ah thank you for that reply. I was thinking of doing this for a group of friends. Since we share a filehost account, but want others. Megaupload doesn't allow multiple IP logins so I was trying to find a solution. Also my friends want something simple. What's simpler then enter a link and it starts downloading. I will try this out, thanks!

Thread Information