Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61261 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net

Default Creating (and Using) Email Addresses from WHM CPanel

Hi, I'm a complete idiot about servers and linux.

I have a domain name and it's attached to the IP Address of my server.

I have WHM Cpanel installed, and I am trying to figure out how I can make an email account (that I could then use some settings to check from my email client, or set up to use Squirrelmail or something).

I haven't been able to find a guide out there that tells me how to do this.

Domain Name: SherwoodForum.net
    Desired Email: [email protected]

Can anyone help?
    Maverick Reviewed by Maverick on . Creating (and Using) Email Addresses from WHM CPanel Hi, I'm a complete idiot about servers and linux. I have a domain name and it's attached to the IP Address of my server. I have WHM Cpanel installed, and I am trying to figure out how I can make an email account (that I could then use some settings to check from my email client, or set up to use Squirrelmail or something). I haven't been able to find a guide out there that tells me how to do this. Domain Name: SherwoodForum.net Desired Email: [email protected] Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    Its better to google to learn how to link your domain to gmail... Its free and better then trusting your host smtp servers.

That way you can use gmail web or use there pop3 and smtp servers for mail clients.

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    How do I:
    1. Go to your domain registrar control panel and create an email forwarding account for your domain (most registrars, like Godaddy, offer this feature for free with your domain registration).
    2. Decide what your branded email address will be (for example, [email protected]) and forward it to your Gmail address. You do this by filling up two fields in your domain registrar?s email forwarding control panel:
    3. In the ?Add Forward? field, type in the left portion of your branded email address, in this example john.
      In the ?Forward Mail To? field, type in your current Gmail address: [email protected].
    ??

Respected Member
    You have to use the cpanel to set up an email account.
    In whm just click list accounts. Beside the domain name there is a cpanel icon. Click it and it will automatically log you in to the cpanel. Now click email accounts and it will give you a very simple screen to create a new email account for the selected domain.

Thread Information