Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6780 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    StreamWar.Com

Exclamation Legal Steps I have To Take For a New Website

Hi guys i'm working on a new movie , tv-show streaming site with the ability for users to add links and i would like to know if any steps have to be taken before i launch it because i dun want the DMCA or stuff like that on my ass everyday so any suggestion
    michomoz Reviewed by michomoz on . Legal Steps I have To Take For a New Website Hi guys i'm working on a new movie , tv-show streaming site with the ability for users to add links and i would like to know if any steps have to be taken before i launch it because i dun want the DMCA or stuff like that on my ass everyday so any suggestion ;) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It begins...
    Technically, you're telling the community that you plan on engaging in copyright infringement but you don't want DMCA for doing the same. Are you really serious?

As long as you infringe copyright you will always have DMCA notices 'on your ass'. No matter what preliminary steps you take, protection you add, etc you'll have to deal with DMCA takedown notices all the time.

And word of advice - video/movie streaming sites are high risk. Over the past 2 years, the most number of websites that have been seized/taken down have been stream sites. So unless you're good with your shit, drop the idea and move on to something that is worth your while.

Website's:
    SceneArea.com
    Close all your website , and only when users registered can look the content, and edit the rules

Okey... if you're wanting to get dmca off your ass, do it proper!

1) Go to a free wifi zone (or some other anonymous IP method - proxies are not anonymous, just make it harder for copyright suits to get back to you)
    2) Get a pre-paid gift card - in order to make anonymous payments.
    3) Get domain name .to (no whois whatsoever) - with the gift card you've brought
    4) Get a server located in a good country, Switzerland, Ukraine, or Russia from my experience. (Once again, using your prepaid card)
    5) Upload your site etc etc, make sure everytime you edit your website you don't use your home computer - always use open wifi.

To get them off your ass simply do not offer a way to contact you - Email etc.

Remember always to use fake info when signing up to your server etc - but not made up info! just use a house address of an abandond house.

But if you're like everyone else on KWWH - end up with a tiny warez forum. Just use a VPN make sure you don't use a .com/.net domain name and follow dmca notices

Made by Envee :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Drug View Post
    To get them off your ass simply do not offer a way to contact you - Email etc.

Your host will send you an email (they can view which sites are hosted through out their network. They'll shut your ass down if you do not respond to a notice. Doesnt even matter if its one of those so-called rouge 'NO DMCA HOST'), so unfortunately even though you sound like you know what you're talking about - You really dont.

There is no way in hell you'll make a streaming site and not take any heat from it. In the beginning things might be smooth sailing as far as legal problems, but after a few short weeks (or months because its likely you are incapable of making a large site if you have to make a thread like this within a short time span), the 'wrong' people will find your site, see that they, or a 'client' of their's content is being made available without their authorization, and thats where all the *fun* begins!

why so much trouble with this if you get a dmca notice just delete topic or im wrong?+

Quote Originally Posted by dr0ax View Post
    Your host will send you an email (they can view which sites are hosted through out their network. They'll shut your ass down if you do not respond to a notice. Doesnt even matter if its one of those so-called rouge 'NO DMCA HOST'), so unfortunately even though you sound like you know what you're talking about - You really dont.

There is no way in hell you'll make a streaming site and not take any heat from it. In the beginning things might be smooth sailing as far as legal problems, but after a few short weeks (or months because its likely you are incapable of making a large site if you have to make a thread like this within a short time span), the 'wrong' people will find your site, see that they, or a 'client' of their's content is being made available without their authorization, and thats where all the *fun* begins!
    Hosting in Ukraine, Russia / Switzerland on a warez linking site is fine. Russia only get pissed off if you share Russian files - as they have their own copyright laws they do not respect outside copyright laws. Yes, they ofcause will forward the DMCA notice to you. Who cares? They don't... DMCA is an american law.

I said "To get them off your ass simply do not offer a way to contact you - Email etc.", if you read my steps you'd understand that even your host provider wouldn't have a way to contact you. All that is required is a little research into the countries history (for example; the netherlands would be a rubbish place to host a warez site thesedays).

Yes... it will be harder for a large site, but if you're willing to give your money and time into the project it wont be a problem - cluster servers in multiple datacenters - when one is down - it will stay up. ThePirateBay manages just fine - even though they do not keep their details private. Now they have made a fake sale - to a company in Seychelles. Seychelles doesn't give out company details - so the real owner of TPB is safe / hidden. The original owners claim to only work on the script of the site and do not own it. (I'd go into more detail about this but if you're truely interested I'm sure you'll just Google it..)

P.S. "even though you sound like you know what you're talking about", nobody can claim they know what they are talking about. I was merly saying the tactics that I learnt from my own experiences - as that's how people learn. :-\

Made by Envee :P

Banned
    get a Netherland host

Banned
    ^^thatd be epic fail!

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    dont add nothing illegal and do anything stupid, and u should be all good

Thread Information