Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6646 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JGM

Question How safe is RDP really?

Been toying with idea of trying out RDP but I can't get past the fact that I will have to use my logins on a computer that I do not know. The potential is there for all my details to vanish along with my accounts etc.

I have never used RDP so I can't/won't comment on anybody who offers the service but it would be nice to know what the exact risks are of using it in terms of theft of accounts etc.

Thanks.

JGM.
    JGM Reviewed by JGM on . How safe is RDP really? Been toying with idea of trying out RDP but I can't get past the fact that I will have to use my logins on a computer that I do not know. The potential is there for all my details to vanish along with my accounts etc. I have never used RDP so I can't/won't comment on anybody who offers the service but it would be nice to know what the exact risks are of using it in terms of theft of accounts etc. Thanks. JGM. Rating: 5

Sponsored Links

•     
    Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    What u use now?

•     
    JGM
    I use File & Image Uploader from my home PC.

JGM.

•     
    1. You can get scammed like me.
    2. The admin of the RDP can use your personal data (accounts, view browser history and everything you do on that RDP) i bet most of them do this.
    3. If you have filehost account with money on it, they can withdraw your money.
    4. I don't trust any RDP no more, i am buying a VPS and doing my thing there with no one to bother me.

Cheers.
    Link Building - Contact me for 20% discount
    Learn SEO - SEFlame.com

•     
    JGM
    I have heard from a few people that buying a VPS is a better way to go since you have full control over the server. Thanks for your input and experience (bad as it was for you )

JGM.

•     
    ^ yep, VPS or Dedi is the way to go if you want a RDP. this way you don't share nothing with anybody, the best way.
    Link Building - Contact me for 20% discount
    Learn SEO - SEFlame.com

•     
    Website's:
    titanhost.me
    It's same like when you leave your car in repair shop.
    Mechanic can drive your car, use your gasoline when you are not around.

Thats why people are driving to trusted repair shops, thats why people are looking for trusted RDP sellers...

You need to manage everything on Dedi/VPS, it also costs little more. Everything depends from needs...

hosting RDP & RapidLeech from over a year!
    see also konta shell, seedbox

•     
    JGM
    I would have thought buying a RDP would cost more since they set everything up for you?

JGM.
  • Reply With QuoteRegister To Reply

•     
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    You should also employ some basic security, such as jailing it to a single IP address. Any other IP addresses will then be refused. You could purchase a static VPN tunnel, for example.

•     
    JGM
    Thanks for the input jayfella

JGM.

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information