Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61112 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Respected Developer

Talking IPB 2.3.x thanks points to IPB 3.0.x reputation

Probably one of the most popular mods for IPB 2.3.x was the Thanks Mod Advanced/Lite. Unfortionatly for those that updated their board to 3.0.x they had to start over with IPB's native reputation system causing all members to loose their hard earned Thanks points.

I had the same issue so I created a little script to take the old Thanks points and add them to the users reputation points*. This will only work for those that updated from IPB 2 to 3. If you started fresh with IPB 3 the Thanks points are lost...

HOWTO:

1) Create a new php file in your forum root folder and call the file thanks_to_rep.php.

2) Open the file, add the following code to it and save the file:
    PHP Code: 
    <?php

/************************************************/
    /*  Thanks to Reputation script for IPB 3.0.x   */
    /*  -----------------------------------------   */
    /*    By Hyperz - http://code-projects.com/     */
    /************************************************/

// Load DB config
    require_once('./conf_global.php');

// Connect...
    mysql_connect($INFO['sql_host'], $INFO['sql_user'], $INFO['sql_pass']) or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db($INFO['sql_database']) or die(mysql_error());

// Grab
    $pre $INFO['sql_tbl_prefix'];
    $result mysql_query("SELECT `member_id`, `thanks_point` FROM `" $pre "members` " .

"WHERE `thanks_point` > 0") or die(mysql_error());
    $i 0;

// Thanks points to reputation
    while($row mysql_fetch_array($result))
    {

// Add to user reputation

mysql_query("UPDATE `" $pre "profile_portal` SET `pp_reputation_points`=`pp_reputation_points`+" $row['thanks_point'] . "  " .

"WHERE `pp_member_id`='" $row['member_id'] . "'") or die(mysql_error());

$i++;
    }

// Drop the old column
    mysql_query("ALTER TABLE `" $pre "members` DROP COLUMN `thanks_point`") or die(mysql_error());

// Done! You now owe Hyperz a cookie (:
    echo '<span style="margin:5px;font-family:Verdana">All done! Added reputation for <i>' $i '</i> users.<br /><br />&nbsp;<a href="http://code-projects.com/" title="Script by Hyperz @ Code-Projects" target="_blank">http://code-projects.com/</a></span>'

?>
    3) Point your browser to the file (I.E: http://myforum.com/forum_root/thanks_to_rep.php).

4) Done! Remove the thanks_to_rep.php file...

* Script tested on IPB 3.0.3, the Thanks Mod I used on my old IPB 2 board was Thanks Mod Advanced 2.3 (well, a modded propz version of it).

Enjoy peoples .
    Hyperz Reviewed by Hyperz on . IPB 2.3.x thanks points to IPB 3.0.x reputation Probably one of the most popular mods for IPB 2.3.x was the Thanks Mod Advanced/Lite. Unfortionatly for those that updated their board to 3.0.x they had to start over with IPB's native reputation system causing all members to loose their hard earned Thanks points. I had the same issue so I created a little script to take the old Thanks points and add them to the users reputation points*. This will only work for those that updated from IPB 2 to 3. If you started fresh with IPB 3 the Thanks Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    By the way, if anyone uses the script could you be so kind to reply and tell me if it worked for you or not since I only got to test it @ my site. I'd like to know it it works in all cases like with the Lite and Ajax version of the Thanks mod. Thanks .

This is a great script, look i have IPB 2.3 and thanks lite ajax, this script works too for this mod? .

Respected Developer
    Haven't tested it with the Lite version. I think it does, however, you won't know till you try. If you do try it let me know if it worked.

Can I have your brain pls

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

Banned
    Website's:
    hd-eroticpictures.com
    worked thanks buddy

I got my 1500+ Thanks back!!!

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    Nice little script very helpful!

Thread Information