Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61467 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post MPAA: P2P Pirates Share 690 Million Movies a Year

MPAA: P2P Pirates Share 690 Million Movies a Year

Speaking at the National Association of Attorneys General panel on campus piracy yesterday, MPAA boss Chris Dodd revealed some interesting stats.

?In the past year, according to Peer Media Technologies, there were more than 690 million uploads and downloads of unauthorized copies of major motion pictures via P2P technologies,? he said.
    The above includes BitTorrent and other P2P technologies, but according to Dodd it?s just ?a small portion of the piracy problem.?

?Infringing copies of movies were viewed uncounted millions of other times by accessing links on cyberlockers such as Megaupload, by streaming from largely foreign websites and through other technological means.?

MPAA?s boss stressed that the sites and services that allow and facilitate the mass-infringement are doing so for profit. Conveniently, he used the extravagant Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom as an example.

?Some continue to argue that the debate about piracy and counterfeiting is not about the money. Don?t believe it.?
    ?Just look at Mr. Dotcom. And he is not alone.?

While there are companies that are willingly profiting from mass-infringement, this is certainly not always the case.
    But we can?t expect an MPAA boss to add that nuance.
    foxman Reviewed by foxman on . MPAA: P2P Pirates Share 690 Million Movies a Year MPAA: P2P Pirates Share 690 Million Movies a Year Rating: 5
    Screwed

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Of course. Take figures from Peer Media Technologies, a company who makes money from selling copyright protection services. It's going to be impartial and completely unbiased (end sarcasm).
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    google.com
    yeah that's for sure !
    even offline share is more than online share in 3rd world and developing countries !
    690 million is still a small figure

1 million share may be easily got by avtaar movie alone
    My Avatar is 100% Me.

Ahh, pirates... I hate them. Criminals... made the movie industry bankrupt! No more movies now... oh... wait... Cinema still there... making more money than ever... piracy actually doing anything or is he just being a greedy twat?

Made by Envee :P

Website's:
    GardinerDesign.info
    there are 7 billion people in the world, so it would be the same as 10% downloading 1 movie.. i alone have (nearly) 1000 movies.. must be a pretty god damn small percentage of people that actually do download.

Website's:
    fwbb.org
    They make billions and crys about millions.
    I guess they want every penny

wow it is very huge

Website's:
    servode.com
    Poor baby MPAA , I guess there Piggy banks are empty due to pirates..

ppl who love to watch at cinema will go cinema anways despite they gonna ddl br copy after 2 or 3months.
    me myself if any movie i like most i prefer to watch at good cinema rather watching crappy early copies, n bluray download for forever copy later

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Chris Dodd you filthy creep...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information