Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6834 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Buying] Shared hosting/Vps for ffmpeg [NL/BE/FR/GE]

Just like the title says,

I'm currently with scopehosts, but i found out i realy need a vps for my website.

Vps or dedi

- Linux
    - 2gb ram (upgradeable)
    - 250gb harddisk (upgradeable)
    - 2tb bandwith (upgradeable)
    - 1gb connection
    Jamiek94 Reviewed by Jamiek94 on . [Buying] Shared hosting/Vps for ffmpeg [NL/BE/FR/GE] Just like the title says, I'm currently with scopehosts, but i found out i realy need a vps for my website. Vps or dedi - Linux - 2gb ram (upgradeable) - 250gb harddisk (upgradeable) - 2tb bandwith (upgradeable) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    hosthatch.com
    What is your budget for your requirements and what CPU power do you require?

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    I recommend that you checkout vps6.net they offer a varied of locations there a tutorial here I posted howto install ffmpeg using an auto-installer which I've been using for years in still works excellent installing ffmpeg manually is a pain in the ass cause it doesn't always compile currently due to so many tutorials on they've written it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-Abdullah View Post
    What is your budget for your requirements and what CPU power do you require?
    My budget is currently very low, because i don't earn anything from my website yet. so around the 30 dollars a month.

Thanks for the reply robert420.

Problem is that i never used a vps for hosting. So i don't know if 1gb ram is enough ..

What do you guys recommend a vps or shared hosting?

Banned
    Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    Better to get a vps. I do not understand why scopehosts would even remote think it was a good idea to place ffmpeg on a shared environment.

That is a cpu intensive app that will cause huge bottlenecks for all users located on that server.

Thanks for your reply james, i am sure now i will use a vps.
    I'm thinking about to buy a vps from vps6.net or guardhosts.com. The reviews from vps6.net are realy good, can't find reviews about guardhosts.com unfortunately but i think they are good asswel.

Dude, why dont you get a low-end dedicated server?

@m107, Because my budget isn't that high. As i already said, my budget is currently 30 dollars a month. I do have looked at a dedi with intel atom, 1tb harddisk. For like 25 dollars. But i remember some people said that most of the vps's are faster and better than that dedi.

@ JamesVaporH

It Depends on how you optimize your servers to the clients needs. And the number of clients you assign on the servers upon their website`s Script, Database , traffic , CPU resource usage .

For the clients who need heavy resources we guide them to our Managed VPS Services where they get separate environment to host their website according to its requirements.

@Jamiek94

As per our technical support. You were trying wrong details to login in FTP . And you have been corrected by the technician .

As per the Network speed is concerned . Just added a screen shot of downloading a file from Softlayer USA network .

True true, i gave you the wrong details of my ftp by mistake.
    It doesn't disconnect or timeout when i upload a big file at once, but if you upload like 200 hunderd files it goes a bit wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information