Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6853 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Plesk to cPanel security issue

Hello, I am transferring my files from Plesk to cPanel. I took a full site backup using Plesk, then I downloaded it to my laptop. I then compressed the files and uploaded it as a zip to my cPanel, I then extracted it.

The files are for vBulletin, folders are meant to be 755 and files 644

but instead now everything is 755, the folders and the files. Any help?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Is this due to the php thing, I read about it somewhere a while ago Suphp or something like that, it was a few months I read about it so I don't entirely remember.
    Webmin Reviewed by Webmin on . Plesk to cPanel security issue Hello, I am transferring my files from Plesk to cPanel. I took a full site backup using Plesk, then I downloaded it to my laptop. I then compressed the files and uploaded it as a zip to my cPanel, I then extracted it. The files are for vBulletin, folders are meant to be 755 and files 644 but instead now everything is 755, the folders and the files. Any help? ---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ---------- Is this due to the php thing, I read Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It is due to umask settings on the server, however, 755 for files/directories are safe. They are not insecure. BTW, SuPHP does not set 755 permissions on files/folders automatically.
    Linux System Administrator
    Server Management at affordable cost.
    linuxhostingsupport.net | MSN:[email protected]

755 is safe permission level. Just make sure your vBulletin and plugins are updated.

Thread Information