Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6865 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com

Default If Megaupload Gets Data Back They?ll Relaunch

MPAA: If Megaupload Gets Data Back They?ll Relaunch

The battle for both Megaupload and its former users to get their data back continues.

The data is currently stored on servers at Carpathia Hosting in the US at the not inconsiderable cost of $9,000 a day.

Megaupload?s legal team is working hard to reunite its users with their data and are negotiating with the Department of Justice to this end.

But after discovering that Carpathia had agreed to sell the servers back to Megaupload, the MPAA have other ideas on their ideal destiny.

?A sale or transfer of the servers to Megaupload (or any of the defendants) would raise a significant risk that Megaupload will simply ship the servers, hard drives or other equipment ? and all of the infringing content they contain ? to a foreign jurisdiction and relaunch the infringing Megaupload service, which would result in untold further infringements of the MPAA members? copyrighted works,? the movie industry group said in a court filing yesterday.

?If so, the renewed criminal enterprise might be beyond any effective legal remedy.?

The MPAA adds that since the servers contain some of their copyright works, any sale or transfer would ?constitute an unauthorized ?distribut[ion] ? to the public? under the Copyright Act.?

A resurrected Megaupload is clearly something the MPAA wants to avoid and it?s clear they will fight hard for the servers to be either wiped or left in neutral hands.

Source: MPAA: If Megaupload Gets Data Back They?ll Relaunch
    Ladybbird1 Reviewed by Ladybbird1 on . If Megaupload Gets Data Back They?ll Relaunch MPAA: If Megaupload Gets Data Back They?ll Relaunch The battle for both Megaupload and its former users to get their data back continues. The data is currently stored on servers at Carpathia Hosting in the US at the not inconsiderable cost of $9,000 a day. Megaupload?s legal team is working hard to reunite its users with their data and are negotiating with the Department of Justice to this end. But after discovering that Carpathia had agreed to sell the servers back to Megaupload, Rating: 5
    Visit Ladybbird's Site For Free Good Stuff & More Help, Click Here

2.   Sponsored Links

JGM
    I really hope they do come back they were great for free users and it would be a royal fuck you to the MPAA.

JGM.

•     
    Respected Member
    keenly waiting for them to comeback, and _|_ USA

•     
    Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    I think Kim and his legal team have an excellent case, with enough support and evidence that Hollywood worked with and hired them.....so they will win, maybe with some restrictions! Just a matter of time

Read the updates on all File Hosts here;

http://www.besthostingforums.com/102...ml#post1475139
    Visit Ladybbird's Site For Free Good Stuff & More Help, Click Here

•     
    Long live megaupload, i so hope they will come back but, unfortunate, i doubt that this would be happening anytime soon.

•     
    Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    They had the best speeds!! well i think fileserve was also great :/ but Megaupload has Awesome streaming cache load i wantz it back

•     
    Meagaupload is in a comma right now lets just prey he'll wake back up

•     
    Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im
    They need to be back very soon. I am missing a lot of Megaupload downloads.

•     
    Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    That IF should be in huge letters.

•     
    Website's:
    AnimeTiTanZ.NeT
    FBI GTH
    hope MU Back Soon it's hard to deal with the other shit filehosting

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information