Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61269 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    FreePCDownloads.org StoleThe.Net

Default Google Analytics shows much less traffic than inbuilt traffic monitor? (awstats)

This is issue experienced by many other webmasters..
    As for me, GA shows 200-250 visitors per day for my webiste, but awstats show 1k visitors day. Even if it had to be crawling bots and stuffs, isnt that quite a big difference? Why is it so?

Also which one do I go with then? Is awstats counter correct and reliable?

Thanks.
    PlusOne Reviewed by PlusOne on . Google Analytics shows much less traffic than inbuilt traffic monitor? (awstats) This is issue experienced by many other webmasters.. As for me, GA shows 200-250 visitors per day for my webiste, but awstats show 1k visitors day. Even if it had to be crawling bots and stuffs, isnt that quite a big difference? Why is it so? Also which one do I go with then? Is awstats counter correct and reliable? Thanks. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Search Engine bots like Google, Ask, AOL, Yahoo, MSN etc, DDL site Bots like MechoDDL, Twilight, NexusDDL and then other warez bots like FileTube, WarezSearch
    Then you have bots that check if your site is online like pingdom, gtmetrix, etc.
    You have SEO bots that visit your site and track your keywords for those site rating systems.
    Then you have browsers that predownload a page like Google Chrome. If your site shows up in search results Google starts to pre download the links you usually click on so when you click on the link the page appears instantly. This is great for Google Chrome users as it really speeds up internet browsing but it adds about 20% extra traffic to your site although this varies from site to site.
    If your on wrzc website list that's another bot too.

Their are hundreds of thousands of bots and automated systems running. I know as I've built loads and even released the code as a plugin for some DDL Site Bots here on KWWH.

Sure their will be some real users that visit your site that have javascript disabled so your number could be more like 300 but your far better off tracking the Google Analytics viewers as these are real people and you can track where they enter, exit your site and learn how to improve it.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    ^ He should be renamed to e-God

Whatever Mr Happy said is perfectly right. GA shows you the real considerable traffic rather than the extra "bot" traffic.

Thanks Mr. Happy for the reply..

I ALWAYS Wondered that why did i get more pageviews on my Blogger Stats & less on Google Analytics.. Though both of them are being Owned by Google. Then also there was a difference in their stats. No Wonder!

Website's:
    FreePCDownloads.org StoleThe.Net
    Thanks for your reply Mr. Happy. However I have not submitted a single download to any DDL yet, but what you say seems to be correct.

Its probably because of bots, Google analytics itself records real people that visit your site. Awstats records every single hit your site gets

Thread Information