Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6616 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com

Default Microsoft Backs Torrent 'Blocker' Software- Confirmed

Now Confirmed today;

Pirate Pay Torrent 'Blocker' backed by Microsoft

Blocking tool Pirate Pay draws its name from controversial piracy site The Pirate Bay

BBC World News 14 May 2012

(More Related Stories on this can be found in this section. )

A Russian company has developed software it says can disrupt and prevent people from downloading pirated content.
    Pirate Pay has been backed by Microsoft and has so far worked with Walt Disney Studios and Sony Pictures to stop "thousands" of downloads.
    The tool poses as real bit torrent users but then "confuses" peer-to-peer networks, causing disconnections.

Critics argue that the method will be ineffective in the long term.

The entertainment industry claims that the downloading of pirated material costs copyright holders billions of pounds in lost revenue every year.
    Last month, the British Phonographic Industry won a court battle to force UK internet service providers to block its customers from accessing high-profile piracy site The Pirate Bay.

However, the true extent of the financial impact is strongly questioned by internet rights campaigners.

Swamping

It was previously reported that Pirate Pay began life as traffic management software for internet service providers.
    From here they discovered it could be used to swamp peer-to-peer networks - which are used to share the files - with false information.
    "After creating the prototype, we realised we could more generally prevent files from being downloaded, which meant that the program had great promise in combating the spread of pirated content," said Andrei Klimenko, the company's chief executive, in an interview with Russia Beyond the Headlines.

The technology has received high-profile praise from the president of Microsoft Russia - Pirate Pay was awarded one million rubles (?62,000, $100,000) from a seed investment fund set up by the company behind Windows.

?Start Quote
    You don't solve social issues with technical fixes?
    Richard Clayton University of Cambridge
    A recent campaign saw Pirate Pay "protect" recent Russian film Vysotsky. Thanks to God, I am Alive, made by Walt Disney Studios.
    Pirate Pay said it blocked 44,845 attempted illegal downloads of the film.
    However, as one blog pointed out, the blocked downloaders might have simply just tried again later.

'Social issues'

Although exact details on how the system operates are not known outside of the company, security researcher Richard Clayton from the University of Cambridge told the BBC it was a process that could work, if only in the short term.
    "If you flood the network with lots of lies, then you will be short of real things.
    "[But] the networks are robust about this in the long term because you will say to your peer 'please give me this data', and when it gives you the data it will say 'this doesn't match' and throw it away."
    Mr Clayton, who blogs about such issues, said peer-to-peer networks would eventually adapt, sharing information about "bogus" peers such as those reportedly utilised by companies like Pirate Pay.
    Mr Clayton added: "You don't solve social issues with technical fixes.
    "The social issue here is that a lot of people think that the legal offerings are too expensive and don't provide what they want.
    "Once you solve that, nobody's going to want to mess around with complicated bits of software to get what they need."

Related;

http://www.besthostingforums.com/14-...t-traffic.html
    Ladybbird1 Reviewed by Ladybbird1 on . Microsoft Backs Torrent 'Blocker' Software- Confirmed Now Confirmed today; Pirate Pay Torrent 'Blocker' backed by Microsoft http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60229000/jpg/_60229184_piracypic.jpg Blocking tool Pirate Pay draws its name from controversial piracy site The Pirate Bay BBC World News 14 May 2012 Rating: 5
    Visit Ladybbird's Site For Free Good Stuff & More Help, Click Here

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    GardinerDesign.info
    Give it a week and this wont even be an issue any more, pirates find a way around everything

ok, so we must, from now on, to stop supporting microsoft aplications, games and windows with our money.
    @#E% them, money hungry hopeless hoes needs to go bankrupt, money hungry motherfuckers, they dont have enough?
    Pirated windows is what keept them alive, cause allowed microsoft to have a big market share and games & apps developers where forced to keep windows platform on they final releases of softwares.
    Look what android did with apple IOS, without piracy the same thing linux would do to microsoft windows.
    And i have a lot of friends ( myself included) who buyed a lot of games for windows, but not always the microsoft windows ( still, now i'm angry with myself for buying xp license back in 2007).
    I think i would move to ubuntu, from now on, me, a long live supporter of microsoft would STOP using anything that have to do with them..
    No more internet explorer, no more media player, no more microsoft office ( open office it's suits me needs better anyway, i don't need 80% of microsoft office features anyway..), no more use bing, no more hotmail ( even trough i used them rare..)
    edit: anyway, this is big fail from the start..remember a few years ago when companies uploaded viruses and fake files on torrent sites?
    What good did that to them on long term, they just made people more angrier and people continued to use torrents, and that helped trackers like demonoid and pirate bay gain popularity , plus gived the private ones the ocassion to grow.
    Long Live Filesharing.

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretteo View Post
    Give it a week and this wont even be an issue any more, pirates find a way around everything
    Yeahhhhhhhhh
    Visit Ladybbird's Site For Free Good Stuff & More Help, Click Here

Thread Information