Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6743 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Website's:
    ihide.info

Post Windows 8 Pro promotional upgrade to cost just $15

Windows 8 Pro promotional upgrade to cost just $15
    By Andy Weir

Following last week's leak of Microsoft's planned promotion to allow buyers of Windows 7 PCs to upgrade cheaply to Windows 8 down the line, the price has now been revealed, and it's nice and low.

At the end of last week, we reported on the first solid information regarding the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 8. At the time, it was revealed by Mary Jo Foley that Microsoft is planning a low-cost upgrade for all Windows 7 systems running the Home Basic edition or higher ? but the leaked promotional material that accompanied that information left out the crucial nugget of info: price.

But now that key detail missing from Mary Jo?s leak has been revealed by another prominent Microsoft follower, Paul Thurrott: the cost of upgrading will be just $14.99 USD.

Now, to be clear, this means that anyone purchasing a Windows 7 system after June 2, when Microsoft?s promotional campaign begins, will be eligible for an upgrade from their Win 7 system to Windows 8 Pro at that price. That price tag is also specific to the US; regional pricing variations will likely apply.

This price is solely applicable under the promotional scenario described, and at this stage, there?s no indication as to what Microsoft might charge for owners of Windows 7 systems who PCs were purchased before June 2. Upgrades will also be made available further down the line for Windows 8 system owners to bump up to Windows 8 Pro, which will include features such as Windows Media Center, but we?re still waiting for pricing details on that ?upgrade pack? too.
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Windows 8 Pro promotional upgrade to cost just $15 Windows 8 Pro promotional upgrade to cost just $15 By Andy Weir Following last week's leak of Microsoft's planned promotion to allow buyers of Windows 7 PCs to upgrade cheaply to Windows 8 down the line, the price has now been revealed, and it's nice and low. http://i.imgur.com/R9VSz.jpg Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

wow this is very cheap

Website's:
    Buried.com CryptCrawl.com
    No use for KWWH family since we all are using pirated windows 7 and there will be no updates for us unless we buy genuine win 7 which we all know that we will never do ever and ever again cuz win 8 sucks too bad and most of us who are real techy will stay with win7 for next 3-5 years and then switch to win9 because we all know win9 will rule not win8.

Windows 2000 = Good
    Windows ME = Bad
    Windows XP = Good
    Windows Vista = Bad
    Windows 7 = Good
    Windows 8= WILL BE FAIL

Banned
    Website's:
    HotWallpapers.me AustraliaFlood.net VirtualUpload.net
    ^^ Are you windows expert?

Quote Originally Posted by DoggY DuKe View Post
    No use for KWWH family since we all are using pirated windows 7 and there will be no updates for us unless we buy genuine win 7 which we all know that we will never do ever and ever again cuz win 8 sucks too bad and most of us who are real techy will stay with win7 for next 3-5 years and then switch to win9 because we all know win9 will rule not win8.

Windows 2000 = Good
    Windows ME = Bad
    Windows XP = Good
    Windows Vista = Bad
    Windows 7 = Good
    Windows 8= WILL BE FAIL
    Can we have your autograph? and speak for yourself. I have legit Windows. I guess you're much smarter than the genius technicians and engineers who work for Microsoft to build Windows 8. Good for you. I guess it's a very unfortunate that Microsoft didn't hire you because you will not make something fail like Windows 8. Wow! We are doom!

On a serious note: I think I would trust the "real" geniuses more. I think they know what they're doing, otherwise they wouldn't be this big in the first place.

To me, Windows 8 is like a hybrid OS that can be used on touch screens and normal PC's.

Banned
    Website's:
    HD-Load.in
    Another Microsoft Product

No , I will stay with Linux is faster need only 128MB RAM and FREEE!

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Windows 7 is decent but nowhere close to 2000 & 98se. Windows 8 is a joke they want a OS that can be used on tablets & desktops mixing both = mega fail & could kill microsoft

Website's:
    Buried.com CryptCrawl.com
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVAC109 View Post
    Can we have your autograph? and speak for yourself. I have legit Windows. I guess you're much smarter than the genius technicians and engineers who work for Microsoft to build Windows 8. Good for you. I guess it's a very unfortunate that Microsoft didn't hire you because you will not make something fail like Windows 8. Wow! We are doom!

On a serious note: I think I would trust the "real" geniuses more. I think they know what they're doing, otherwise they wouldn't be this big in the first place.

To me, Windows 8 is like a hybrid OS that can be used on touch screens and normal PC's.
    Ohh I guess i didn't realize that i am talking to a microsoft big fan here..

Dude all i can say is wait till it finally launch and when it does don't forget to use your microsoft friendly search engine called bing to check the result of windows 8 and see yourself a result.. I guess right now you are not searching how people are giving a bad feedback about windows 8 which is still in beta and yet to release. I myself installed it and used it for like 5.5 hours and then removed it permanently.

Windows is never built for home PC.. Today you will dislike my comment but later next year you will know who was right at that time..

No hard feeling mate...

Ohh I guess i didn't realize that i am talking to a microsoft big fan here..

Dude all i can say is wait till it finally launch and when it does don't forget to use your microsoft friendly search engine called bing to check the result of windows 8 and see yourself a result.. I guess right now you are not searching how people are giving a bad feedback about windows 8 which is still in beta and yet to release. I myself installed it and used it for like 5.5 hours and then removed it permanently.

Windows is never built for home PC.. Today you will dislike my comment but later next year you will know who was right at that time..

No hard feeling mate...
    I'm not a big fan of any OS. I don't really care much about how things are as long as I can do what I need to do. I only replied to your comment because you made assumptions on something that hasn't yet available.

It's like saying a baby that's still inside a womb will never become a doctor or a musician.

Website's:
    ihide.info

Windows 2000 = Good
    Windows ME = Bad
    Windows XP = Good
    Windows Vista = Bad
    Windows 7 = Good
    Windows 8= WILL BE FAIL
    another failed troll.

if you dont like windows 8. by all means. stay with windows 7. there are plenty of people that didnt like 7 and stuck with XP. and not everyone pirates their OS.

you say you used windows 8 for 5.5 hours... well. try using it for a week or more. then give your feedback.

note. ive been on windows 8 as a main OS since the beginning of the year. thats almost 5 full months. there are plenty of reasons why windows 8 is better than windows 7. its just your too butthurt about the start button being gone.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information