Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6871 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default sugestion file host for backup my files

i need a trustable filehost with unlimited storage time, unlimited storage capacity, files never deleted, very good upload and download speed for premium only for store a backup of myfiles , i would never post it

i am using uploading because i have a year of premium membership but i think they are gonna to limit premium account to 50 gb per user and i need another account to transfer my files

sugestion will be wellcome
    ARKONADA Reviewed by ARKONADA on . sugestion file host for backup my files i need a trustable filehost with unlimited storage time, unlimited storage capacity, files never deleted, very good upload and download speed for premium only for store a backup of myfiles , i would never post it i am using uploading because i have a year of premium membership but i think they are gonna to limit premium account to 50 gb per user and i need another account to transfer my files sugestion will be wellcome Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

RapidShare is a good one, but I know everyone has it.
    So I also need a trustworthy other than RapidShare.

Only Rapidshare...

more than 10 tb space to premium users, highest upload and download speed(nearly 70MBps)

Mediafire $65/yr

Filefactory $80

Hotfile $55

Fileserve $10/m

Filesonic $9/m

Megashares

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    From the downloaders side the worst are Oron Depositfile Rapidshare Rapidgator all give less than 50k a sec for downloaders

I had same question. I went with mediafire pro since they give you 100GB/month hotlink, so you can reupload the files when they go down on other hosts.

Rapidshare is also an idea, BUT you must have files that have unique MD5 as they will remove DMCA files across all accounts if have same checksum.

MediaFire starts banning a lot of accounts in the recent 7 days.
    I and 17 of my friends who only share MF links in private forums and they got banned, without any DMCA complaints and warning mails.
    Some people who haven't got banned also found that some files in their accounts got blocked (even he is a MediaPro member).
    Furthermore, the captcha pop up to free users like mad in the recent 7 days.
    Does it only happen on me and my friends?

Now I lost my MF files, and I only have my backup in RS.
    So I also need a good site to mirror my RS backup.
    How about Bayfiles premium?
    Are there any people having bad experience to them?

OP is looking for filehost to backup not to share. Your example of private forums doesn't apply. You're not supposed to share your backup files...

I hear good things about Bayfiles though... but have never used. So its only what I have heard YMMV

Sharing in private forums is almost equal to non-sharing.
    People who haven't reply or click the ThankYou button are not able to see download links.
    I mean MF starts blocking files whether they are shared or not shared.
    In other words, I and my friends suspect that MediaFire starts scanning files and blocks them or just disables accounts.
    It not only becomes a big disaster in those private forums, but also affects some people who don't share files anywhere.

If you can still see a file in your file manager, it doesn't indicate the file hasn't been blocked.
    You have to logout your account and download that file, or you cannot know whether it's blocked or not.
    The file's owner can download blocked files, but other people cannot.
    It looks like no problem, but maybe your account will be disabled tomorrow.

By the way, we always use passwords to protect our RAR archives and encrypt filenames, so RapidShare's MD5 blacklist cannot affect us.
    It's really a good backup site for us.

Yes, stick to rapidshare. I have over 11TB backed up there and shared on a small private forum. Upload speeds are decent, download speeds are CONSTANT and over 60MB/s, files don't just disappear or become temporarily unavailable (like most other hosts including MU or FS).

Like other people said, make sure you have unique MD5s. And if you're uploading movies or tv shows, perhaps it would also be a good idea to obscure the filenames.

I also use bayfiles, but i wouldn't recommend it. They seem to have a bug where some files get "file not found" despite showing up in the file manager. These same files will start working a few weeks later, but then some other ones will get that error. So yeah, bayfiles is not recommended as a main host.

At the end of the day, it depends on how much you're storing. If it's only a few TB, then most sites will accommodate you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information