Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61210 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Post The unmasking of internet trolls: New laws will make websites responsible...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...less-them.html

Cowardly internet ?trolls? who post vile abuse on Facebook and Twitter will be identified to their victims under laws unveiled today.

Justice Secretary Ken Clarke wants to strip away the cloak of anonymity which shields website users who peddle lies and vicious smears.

Internet companies will be expected to agree to rules over how to deal with libellous comments posted on their sites.

They will be told that ? provided they agree to hand over the identity of the abuser to their victim ? the internet company itself will be protected from legal action by the victim of abuse.

If they refuse, however, they could be hauled before the courts and fined thousands of pounds for the hateful comments, even though they were made by a visitor to their website.

Officials believe the prospect of protection from a defamation case will be enough of a ?carrot? for the likes of Twitter and Facebook to agree to the new regime.

It will finally help to bring to an end the injustice of victims being subject to sickening online abuse ? often from those they have never met ? with little chance of finding out who is responsible.
    Heath Reviewed by Heath on . The unmasking of internet trolls: New laws will make websites responsible... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157937/New-laws-make-Facebook-Twitter-responsible-internet-trolls-unless-them.html Rating: 5
    SwitchLink #1 UK VPS Provider
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer
    For more info contact me at [email protected]

2.   Sponsored Links

ψ(`∇?)ψ

Oh, btw, identity, IP, is not a person, we still haven't learned that, no?

does this mean vpn company have to give out subscriber info?

It begins...
    Lol, this 'law' is so fucked up, it's not even funny.

Website's:
    ihide.info
    an IP does not identify a person nor a state. so... how is this gonna work
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6bb21HIgPY[/ame]

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    You should see the dirt we're, the mods, thrown at by banned members.

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Big time abuse from members that have been banned or had their threads closed.

You would not believe how quickly a vendor turns into a bully when their sales thread gets closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShareShiz View Post
    an IP does not identify a person nor a state. so... how is this gonna work
    Either the politicians who proposed this don't understand that, or they do, and they're just passing this law so down the road they can say 'well we can't enforce it with out internet IDs' then pass a law forcing us to all have an internet ID.

I'm going to assume they are going to push for internet IDs, just because its already been talked about.
    SwitchLink #1 UK VPS Provider
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer
    For more info contact me at [email protected]

Thread Information