Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62081 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Optimizing APC Caching

Hi!

I have a question regarding APC Caching in combination with the W3TC plugin for Wordpress.

I've been playing around with the settings in php.ini to see if I can increase the hit/miss ratio. I barely have any fragmentation, and most of the available memory remains free. Still, the hit miss ratio is always around 60% miss over 40% hit.

Little info about my site: it's a downloads site with a LOT of posts (closing in on 10.000), images are stored on external image hosts and I'm running it from a VPS with 1024MB ram (2048 Burst) with 2 dedicated CPU-cores.

I've added screenshots in which you can see my stats and my php.ini-settings.

Hope you guys can help me out! Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Oh, I just noticed that APC doesn't cache any files.

Any ideas how to get this to be done?
    m1mi.dan0s Reviewed by m1mi.dan0s on . Optimizing APC Caching Hi! I have a question regarding APC Caching in combination with the W3TC plugin for Wordpress. I've been playing around with the settings in php.ini to see if I can increase the hit/miss ratio. I barely have any fragmentation, and most of the available memory remains free. Still, the hit miss ratio is always around 60% miss over 40% hit. Little info about my site: it's a downloads site with a LOT of posts (closing in on 10.000), images are stored on external image hosts and I'm Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Increase cache size to 128MB. That should solve the defragmentation issue. Worked for me. And make sure you use the latest version of PHP and APC.

I use the packages from dotdeb. Works like a charm. No defragmentation. Great performance.

I don't have any defragmentation issues, since there are no files being cached. I tried setting the cache size to 128m, didn't make a difference.

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    You shouldn't be worrying about the hits/misses. The hits are the cached ones and the misses aren't cached YET, in time your misses will become 0.

Thread Information