I'm wondering if it is possible to use a server chassis and core to rig up a local storage system that would have enough computing power than I could put a copy of Ubuntu or something on it and have it do some video encoding, but mostly would just be a way for me to hook up a bunch of 2TB drives (or whatever) so that I could store 50-100TB of data on it.

Does anyone have an recommendations as to how this would best be accomplished?

Attempt to Clarify:
I want to be able to SSH (or whatever) into this thing to have it do my video processing/transcoding stuff. However, I mostly want to be able to store massive amounts of data on it.
Robin Hood Reviewed by Robin Hood on . Local Storage Server? I'm wondering if it is possible to use a server chassis and core to rig up a local storage system that would have enough computing power than I could put a copy of Ubuntu or something on it and have it do some video encoding, but mostly would just be a way for me to hook up a bunch of 2TB drives (or whatever) so that I could store 50-100TB of data on it. Does anyone have an recommendations as to how this would best be accomplished? Attempt to Clarify: I want to be able to SSH (or Rating: 5