Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6664 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Unhappy How to start/setup/maintain a DDL site

This will seem foolish to many of you but I am totally unaware of how the DDL sites operate, what software they use or what server configuration it needs. So I'm asking all who are in this field let me also know how the DDL site operates.
    torrentdownload7i Reviewed by torrentdownload7i on . How to start/setup/maintain a DDL site This will seem foolish to many of you :( but I am totally unaware of how the DDL sites operate, what software they use or what server configuration it needs. So I'm asking all who are in this field let me also know how the DDL site operates. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

They use a custom script. It's not a big deal to use it and maintain a smooth working DDL site. Server should be a good dedicated one.

But DDL's are so 2007.
    Link Building - Contact me for 20% discount
    Learn SEO - SEFlame.com

Banned
    Website's:
    Senseless.tv
    If you are just starting out you can look at getting a domain and a cheap cpanel hosting ... install wordpress and get a sweet theme to go with it and you have a up and running website in a day.

Start with wordpress its the simplest and the most effective CMS out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kw3rLn View Post
    They use a custom script. It's not a big deal to use it and maintain a smooth working DDL site. Server should be a good dedicated one.

But DDL's are so 2007.
    So 2007?? I didn't get that
    Quote Originally Posted by senseless View Post
    If you are just starting out you can look at getting a domain and a cheap cpanel hosting ... install wordpress and get a sweet theme to go with it and you have a up and running website in a day.

Start with wordpress its the simplest and the most effective CMS out there.
    Wordpress may be an option but the extra functionality, those can be get by a full fledged DDL scripts can never match. So I'm in search of a good DDL script
    Anyone has it

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Great question

What you need is WCDDL. It's a script available for free from the admin JmZ here on KWWHunction and a download copy is pinned in the webmaster resources area. The current version is 3.1 or something like that. I have made quiet a few plugins/modules for it which are also here on KWWHunction for free to help you get started.

Now DDL sites are around a while so most of the current sites use Version 2 but you've better off going with version 3.

DDLCMS is another free script you can use but it's not near as good.

As far as themes go people usually get them custom made. You can get a few free ones around though if you look hard enough.

What he means by that's so '2007' is Google doesn't like DDL sites anymore and sends them very little traffic. Not many people use them anymore compared to the huge amount of traffic these types of sites used to receive 3-4 years ago.

I've worked on a lot of DDL sites in the past and coded a lot of plugins and themes and I'd advise against starting one.
    It's just very hard to get any traffic as search engines don't like them and users don't enjoy them as much as they don't have any community feel and end up with lots of dead links. Another major problem is anyone can set up a warez site in minutes and submit to a DDL site now so you end up dealing with incompetent webmasters rather than the hardworking experienced ones from a few years ago due to the difficulty there once was in starting a warez site.

So now you know how to start one and what script to use but the best advice is don't.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    WarezEurope.com
    Have a look at wcddl.org

Thread Information