Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6776 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com

Default Truth about RDP / RDA Providers

I noticed alot of users on this forum making reports about there accounts won't login or either they get a disconnection message when they try to login to there RDA account or RDP Account

While let me tell y'all the truth most All The RDA providers on this forum whom are selling these RDA/RDP accounts what every they wanted called them are illegal patching up there Windows system in order to allow more then 2 connection has the default is set to only allow 2 concurrent RDP connection on Windows Systems. The only thing that provider tell you is the issue has been fixed nope it hasn't been fixed cause it will continue to happen until that terminal services is fully licensed so you'll continue to get disconnection message and the ability not to be able to login until that terminal service is patched again.

Question Why are they doing this?
    A. To
    remove a limitation in Terminal Services default terminal services only allows the maximum of 2 users to connect at the sametime but when patched up it's allows more then one person to connect.

If nulled WHMCS can't be used then all RDA/RDP providers should provide proof showing they've an actually licenses to allow more then one users to connect to there RDP/RDA server ?

If they don't they'll make them running an illegal operating system cause it's against Microsoft Terms of Services.

Question how much does it cost ?
    A. Check for yourself by searching Google.

Price
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.216653900
    robert420 Reviewed by robert420 on . Truth about RDP / RDA Providers I noticed alot of users on this forum making reports about there accounts won't login or either they get a disconnection message when they try to login to there RDA account or RDP Account While let me tell y'all the truth most All The RDA providers on this forum whom are selling these RDA/RDP accounts what every they wanted called them are illegal patching up there Windows system in order to allow more then 2 connection has the default is set to only allow 2 concurrent RDP connection on Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I was under the impression that Terminal Services allowed for multiple Remote connections at once?
    We have been looking into offering such a service, Obviously not illegally or "hacked up" like you mention above but using our legitimate licenses of MS:TS.

Or have i missed the boat here and got it completely wrong?

I'm not sure that "Patching" a version of windows to allow multiple connections is exactly in breech of the EULA, Afterall it's not like your adding all the features of Terminal Services by doing it.

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SeedNet.eu View Post
    I was under the impression that Terminal Services allowed for multiple Remote connections at once?
    We have been looking into offering such a service, Obviously not illegally or "hacked up" like you mention above but using our legitimate licenses of MS:TS.

Or have i missed the boat here and got it completely wrong?

I'm not sure that "Patching" a version of windows to allow multiple connections is exactly in breech of the EULA, Afterall it's not like your adding all the features of Terminal Services by doing it.
    Yeah it does allow mulit users to connect but by default only 2 users are able to connect to that server without a license for it.

If that RDA/RDP provider wanted more then 5 user to connect to that same server they would need to pay $749.00 for a license.

It begins...
    Wrong, Robert. Having been experienced with this in the past, here's what happens:

The provider in question installs/enables Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services, so you need to update yourself on the new name) which effectively removes the connection limit. This is the case with Windows 2008 and I can confirm that there is no 'patching' involved at this point. The Remote Desktop Services is activated on a trial license that lasts for 90 days.

Once these 90 days run out, there's 3 options:
    - Patch said server to evade the need for installing the license
    - Buy a license
    - Reinstall your OS all over again to get another 90 day trial

That's where you're correct - most patch it. Some do an OS reinstall. Purchasing the license itself is not worth it for any provider because their services run on a margin so low it would run into a loss if they went legal with this licensing.

So in theory, MS has just set themselves up to be "Legally" dodged, Although immoral, You could use a Win2008 R2, 180 Day Trial, and simply reinstall twice a year, With a small HDD keeping users data on a second rendering the service your offering completely legal.

It begins...
    Yeah, except professional hosts don't go about the loop of reinstalling their OS, etc. I'm not too well versed on how legal this is, if it is or if it isn't, but yes it is unethical.

Robert, I agree with the most parts you said but the part where each license cost that much. It's kinda unrealistic. I've been with 100TB.com and they charge $25 for every 5 connection. That's like $5/connection, except I have to buy in 5 packs.

Most "Larger" providers have accounts with MS and pay little to nothing for licenses regardless, We have something like 5 complimentary MTA Keys on pretty much all MS Products as part of our deal, As it stands there not even used as were not offering MS products at the moment so in reality the partnership is void, But my curiosity was pointed at the possibilities, Chances are we would end up paying more than its worth to get into offering RDP's

It begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVAC109 View Post
    Robert, I agree with the most parts you said but the part where each license cost that much. It's kinda unrealistic. I've been with 100TB.com and they charge $25 for every 5 connection. That's like $5/connection, except I have to buy in 5 packs.
    The pricing robert pointed out is retail. What 100TB offers is pricing that they get as part of their SPLA agreement with MS. Unfortunately, not every DC has this agreement, so not every DC can give out dirt cheap pricing for these CALs.

um so whats the point of this topic?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information