Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6697 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default vps or kloxo blocks mp3 streams

My site visitors can't play html5 music player. The player stopped working some weeks back, when i moved to a new vps. This isn't code issue because i exchanged the old player files with default ones, still nothing.
    CHMOD is for mp3 files 644. Folders in player directory are 777.
    I have tryed to play with chmod, tryed all possible combinations.
    Can anyone tell me why it's not working?
    Kloxo settings?
    VPS provider told me that they don't offer support for that kind of problems..
    I can always pay for the person who would help me. Money is not the problem here.
    Thanks
    -Xclusive- Reviewed by -Xclusive- on . vps or kloxo blocks mp3 streams My site visitors can't play html5 music player. The player stopped working some weeks back, when i moved to a new vps. This isn't code issue because i exchanged the old player files with default ones, still nothing. CHMOD is for mp3 files 644. Folders in player directory are 777. I have tryed to play with chmod, tryed all possible combinations. Can anyone tell me why it's not working? Kloxo settings? VPS provider told me that they don't offer support for that kind of problems.. I can Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Are you sure you are using the same browser?

Only chrome and FF use most html5 options. The others are limited and would cause the problem.

yes, same browser.
    I'm seriously out of ideas.
    Could anyone suggest something else?

Is the player pure html5? Is there any php or other code needed? There could be some modules needed that are missing/need enabling for your code to work

Respected Member
    Do you have all these files in your js folder??
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.7.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.mousewheel.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.jscrollpane.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js" ></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.html5audio.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.apPlaylistManager.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.apTextScroller.min.js"></script>

Website's:
    servode.com
    just use some html5 player with flash fallback and things should be fine -- try jplayer or soundmanager

Quote Originally Posted by Lock Down View Post
    Do you have all these files in your js folder??
    Yes, i have them all.
    'jquery.html5audio.min' has an duplicate: 'jquery.html5audio2.min'. Content(code) and size is the same.
    Deleting it, didn't give me different result.

Quote Originally Posted by mintcold View Post
    just use some html5 player with flash fallback and things should be fine -- try jplayer or soundmanager
    I payed good money for the player i'm using now. Those player's you suggested don't have good unique design.

Website's:
    servode.com
    Xclusive -- if you are not using something cuz of its design (i mean the looks) then you need to reconsider what you are doing....

Those are just plugins , you can design them the way you want with a lot of flexibility and the best part is you don't need to reinvent the wheel -- saves you time ,money and headache -- like the one your are having right now

Ok, so i tried to play the html5 player with my macbook pro and ipad2. It works perfectly with those devices.
    Even VPS support guy emailed me back saying: he is using Ubuntu Linux with Google Chrome on 3G Internet. It streamed well for him.
    So, its windows problem only... (can't play it with Chrome and FF, altho Safari works) any ideas how can i fix it for windows?

Respected Member
    If you paid someone I would suggest that you contact them to get it fixed .

The only difference I see in your includes is this one

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.7.min.js"></script>

The jplayer people use 1.6 not 1.7 in their demos..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information