Here's my latest project, had this idea a few times over the last several years so figured it's about time I coded it.

ImgTrack - The Image Multi-Hoster & Tracker

What is it?

The primary aim of ImgTrack is to allow you to upload an image to multiple hosts and rotate through the links until all are dead (if ever).
It can be used simply as a multi-hoster or it can be used for the tracking/rotation purposes to keep your images alive.

Many of us have had images removed in the past due to various issues (bandwidth, terms/conditions, legalities, etc), this service will drastically reduce the probability of that causing problems/happening.

How does it work?

Simple, you upload your image through ImgTrack, select the hosts to store it on and get a special tracking link back.

When linking to your image, you then use the newly created link rather than the image host links. We will redirect to the first working url out of the selected hosts and, if one is removed, we will automatically fall back to one of the other hosts.

So here's a simpler summary of it:
  • Upload an image
  • Select n hosts
  • Use resulting link
  • This link redirects to the first host
  • If the first host removes your image, the link detects this and redirects to the second host
  • This continues until there are no sources remaining [1]

[1] = A 404 image will be displayed when no sources remain

Direct, Hotlink & Normal

When you upload an image, we will provide you with 3 different links as follows:
  • Direct: Redirects to the first working host [1]
  • Hotlink: Redirects to the first working host which supports hotlinking (use this for embedding) [2]
  • Normal: Loads the view page on ImgTrack containing the two above links

[1] = A 404 image will appear when no sources remain
[2] = A 404 image will appear if there are no hosts in the stack which support hotlinking

If you signup, you can track all your images along with their raw hits and bandwidth usage.

Signing up also gives you the ability to delete uploaded images.
Deleting an image will delete it from ImgTrack and all image hosts.

BETA

This is a beta, you must remember that. There are still features to be completed and bugs may occur.

If you find any bugs or issues, simply send me a PM on here or post in this thread.

You may also contact me to suggest a host to be added to the selection.

Speed

The current server it is hosted on is low spec, please do expect slow speeds occasionally when uploading until the project is out of beta. Once out of beta, it will be relocated to a larger server with a far higher quality network.

Future Features

The following are still being developed and will be released soon:
  • Public API for integration in your own applications

Thanks to the following people
  • Gaurav (big help with the design)
  • Jesse (general chit-chat and suggestions)

Also the following people who were in the private beta:
  • Bharat
  • chemicalx
  • DJboutit
  • Froomple
  • Gevin
  • msk19994
  • praveer
  • putme.org

ImgTrack - Visit Now

Enjoy
JmZ Reviewed by JmZ on . ImgTrack - Image Multi-Hoster & Tracker [BETA] Here's my latest project, had this idea a few times over the last several years so figured it's about time I coded it. ImgTrack - The Image Multi-Hoster & Tracker What is it? The primary aim of ImgTrack is to allow you to upload an image to multiple hosts and rotate through the links until all are dead (if ever). It can be used simply as a multi-hoster or it can be used for the tracking/rotation purposes to keep your images alive. Many of us have had images removed in the past due Rating: 5