So my idea is based around the p2p ideals of limewire/kazaa/grokster only instead of getting your files from other people directly you are getting them from their cloud accounts.

Let's say there is a website called "dropshare" that you sign into your premium dropshare account and search for whatever files you want and download them... right there on that website. No illegal files are stored on the dropshare servers but are streamed from and to various users cloud accounts.

Obviously cloud accounts are restricted to be viewed and used by those with the credentials, but if these credentials were shared (or the server application gained permission) and the files were searchable/downloadable by the server, you could start serving them out to another users cloud account and not to the user directly.

The dropbox API is a great way for this to be achieved without giving away your dropbox credentials. The dropbox account would authenticate the "dropshare" app which would create a folder of shared stuff in the users dropbox. Anything they put in there could be shared back to the dropshare index.

It's hard to describe but essentially you are merging all these cloud accounts into one, indexing all the files for searching and then shifting those searched files into the appropriate users cloud account.

Can anyone decode my thinking here? Maybe there's a flaw?

Thoughts?
theforumdrunk Reviewed by theforumdrunk on . New filesharing concept - is it possible? So my idea is based around the p2p ideals of limewire/kazaa/grokster only instead of getting your files from other people directly you are getting them from their cloud accounts. Let's say there is a website called "dropshare" that you sign into your premium dropshare account and search for whatever files you want and download them... right there on that website. No illegal files are stored on the dropshare servers but are streamed from and to various users cloud accounts. Obviously cloud Rating: 5