Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6886 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default " Linking to infringing content is probably illegal in the US"

Take a read if you got time, the entry is pretty old, around 1+ years old

Source:
    http://www.webtvwire.com/linking-to-...gal-in-the-us/
    Lease Reviewed by Lease on . " Linking to infringing content is probably illegal in the US" Take a read if you got time, the entry is pretty old, around 1+ years old Source: http://www.webtvwire.com/linking-to-infringing-content-is-probably-illegal-in-the-us/ Rating: 5
    Extremely helpful article about hiding your identity here

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    muzica-gratis.com cartoons-forum.org
    This is quite old issue. We all know that hosting a warez site in USA will bring troubles sooner or later.
    I for one had my first site on a friend's server and kept it there with all my powers(and the owners). I started getting mails from some inportant people(for instant TM was bugging me weekly, then came Macromedia) and few weeks after my site went down(deleted completely) 3 times until I decided to drop it in the end to avoid a legal conflict.
    From what my friend told me it had something to do with Micr$oft.
    So I decided to move to an offshore company. Think is, as stated in the article as well, you need to read closely where you host your website. There are companies that offer "offshore" hosting in Europe, Asia and such...

My suggestion to site owners... avoid hosting in all EU countries, including east europeans, also avoid India and some Asian countries under the influence of US. Also avoid South America and Australia.
    I would go for hosting deals in China, Hong-Kong, Indonessia, Pakistan, Russia and even African countries.
    But even on these countries read the terms and what they have to offer carefully or u just might get screwed(talking from experience).

Please correct me if I am wrong

Probation
    It all depends where you are hosted to be honest. You can be hosted virutally anywhere in the world depending on how large of a scale site that you are running. I managed to keep USAWarez up in the United States for years and it got fairly big before the takedown. If you plan on having your site get big, or want it to continue you aren't really safe anywhere. I would suggest Iran, Malaysia, or Hongkong if you are in it for the long time.

Also linking to anything infringing is technically illegal in the U.S. Big brother has made it so we're on lockdown over here these days.

It is illegal for sure.

You going to be taken down if you got reported to your host.

Quote Originally Posted by To0 View Post
    I would suggest Iran, Malaysia, or Hongkong if you are in it for the long time.
    Any one had experiences hosting in Iran? looks quite safe to me

Banned
    No looked into it extensively though. Iran is absolutely outrageous with bandwith prices.

Your best bet is to go with HongKong or Malaysia.

If you have the 20grand to prepay for a decent server in IRAN, i would say go for it

Website's:
    thisrapgame.com the-warez.net
    Ya if you can get something in Iran it would be a dream
    Check this out ..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_copyright_issues

An server in the usa isn't an issue but most people on here start crappy warez forums and sell VIP access. Control your sites have a dmca takedown policy and remove the links if you get a mail. They will not take you to court when your linking/indexing this is still a grey area in the laws. Just cooperate and don't be a lamer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    An server in the usa isn't an issue but most people on here start crappy warez forums and sell VIP access. Control your sites have a dmca takedown policy and remove the links if you get a mail. They will not take you to court when your linking/indexing this is still a grey area in the laws. Just cooperate and don't be a lamer
    Bad idea
    Server in USA = Asking for issues regardless of what you do.

SoftLayer IE; Lypha, is one that is in Seattle, Washington. And they are very lax for right now, but they will take you down after enough complaints m8.

Thread Information