Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6954 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    teamspy.info pandoitalia.info lipsydipsy.com

Default How dangerous is it to host with US VPS?

Hey everybody,
    lately I was thinking about getting a managed VPS, for my website, soon.. I've seen many hosts in NL, DE and LU, but none of them provide the service/price I intended to spend. I found a promising US host that told me (briefly) that "It is my problem what I have on the VPS, they won't care as long as they don't get any reports - as soon as they get reports, they will contact me and give me the time to solve the problems."..
    This seems to be quite interesting, isn't it?
    Leaving out the fact, that I also use a nulled forum script, how big is the probability of getting reported by an anti-piracy company/forum script comapny? Do you have any personal experience?..

Thanks in forward for the help/answers!
    DarioX Reviewed by DarioX on . How dangerous is it to host with US VPS? Hey everybody, lately I was thinking about getting a managed VPS, for my website, soon.. I've seen many hosts in NL, DE and LU, but none of them provide the service/price I intended to spend. I found a promising US host that told me (briefly) that "It is my problem what I have on the VPS, they won't care as long as they don't get any reports - as soon as they get reports, they will contact me and give me the time to solve the problems.".. This seems to be quite interesting, isn't it? Leaving Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

If you aren't from USA you shouldn't have any problems - but you're going to have to remove all the stuff that they ask you to.

Banned
    Website's:
    Thanks for the fast answer .mac, I was expecting somthing like this.. the question is "what if I ignore they requests/reports?".. Will they disturb my hosting company until they decide to shut me down?...

As far as I know, the hosting company will have to comply and terminate your account if you do not remove it.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Neokenzo View Post
    As far as I know, the hosting company will have to comply and terminate your account if you do not remove it.
    Yes. Exactly
    They'll send you a mail once or twice. After that if you still don't do anything, they'll either Suspend your account, Terminate it or maybe tell you to move on with another host.

Website's:
    awfuck.it
    Quote Originally Posted by DarioX View Post
    Hey everybody,
    lately I was thinking about getting a managed VPS, for my website, soon.. I've seen many hosts in NL, DE and LU, but none of them provide the service/price I intended to spend. I found a promising US host that told me (briefly) that "It is my problem what I have on the VPS, they won't care as long as they don't get any reports - as soon as they get reports, they will contact me and give me the time to solve the problems."..
    This seems to be quite interesting, isn't it?
    Leaving out the fact, that I also use a nulled forum script, how big is the probability of getting reported by an anti-piracy company/forum script comapny? Do you have any personal experience?..

Thanks in forward for the help/answers!
    Somewhere around February 8th, 2008. I had purchased a VPS from Host Dime (Also known as Dime Noc) which is located in Orlando, Florida, USA. Was a great hosting experience. Decently sized warez site with decent amount of traffic. Nulled vBulletin script on there. Whatever. Kept using it. About March 13th, 2008. I had received multiple e-mails. Some from PiracyReports (for vBulletin being nulled) and for software, music albums, games, movies, and other stuff on the website to be removed. I ignored the e-mails. Around March 21st, 2008. The dedicated server was suspended and taken down. Not only was the server suspended and down, it was seized as well.

Lesson learned: If hosted in the USA...REMOVE THE FUCKING STUFF THEY ASK YOU RIGHT AWAY!
    "People that walk, need to learn how to sound like a book from the age of movies that has routers, then you can change the wall color, if you truly believe in food."
    - el_jentel1 (Link to quote)
    I love esotorisk and st0ne <3
    http://www.formspring.me/iamgodhimself - Ask me anything!

Well if you don't remove the stuff your host will. They'll have to because if they don't remove it they can get easily sued... Same goes for you if you're living in the US.

I was on a usa server for a good 8 months, never had any trouble

was getting 8k a day at the time

Banned
    Don't do anything illegal in the USA please.

Banned
    Website's:
    Thanks to all of you for the comments guys.

@ Sp322:
    What happened after the 8 months?
    I recive more or less 600 visits daily and 20k mothly, do you think this is going to be alright?

Can we say when (in visitors) a website gets "noticed"? 50k, 70k, 30k??

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information