Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63119 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Dedicated Servers or Semi Dedicated Hosting... what's the difference?

hi my friends,

can someone explain me what is the difference from Dedicated Servers and Semi Dedicated Hosting?

I have one dedicated server and some shared hosting accounts...

The idea that I have is that, for example shared hosting is one server with multiple clients...
    Dedicated server is one entire server only for one client... right? and managed by him.
    How about Semi Dedicated Hosting? Is the same as dedicated server but managed by the hosting company? Please someone explain me...

Please help me clarify this situation
    Thank you friends and sorry for the noob question!
    Divvy Reviewed by Divvy on . Dedicated Servers or Semi Dedicated Hosting... what's the difference? hi my friends, can someone explain me what is the difference from Dedicated Servers and Semi Dedicated Hosting? I have one dedicated server and some shared hosting accounts... The idea that I have is that, for example shared hosting is one server with multiple clients... Dedicated server is one entire server only for one client... right? and managed by him. How about Semi Dedicated Hosting? Is the same as dedicated server but managed by the hosting company? Please someone explain Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ServeDome.com
    Semi Dedicated is just like shared but only few clients (around 2-5 on one server).It is managed by the hosting company.Its good for those who have resource intensive sites but cannot manage a vps or dedicated server.In some cases a semi dedicated is also a lot cheaper as you don't have to pay for the control panel and other licenses as the hosting company does that.

thank you coldabhishek

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldabhishek View Post
    Semi Dedicated is just like shared but only few clients (around 2-5 on one server).It is managed by the hosting company.Its good for those who have resource intensive sites but cannot manage a vps or dedicated server.In some cases a semi dedicated is also a lot cheaper as you don't have to pay for the control panel and other licenses as the hosting company does that.
    Perfect Definition, I would agree with this.

Thread Information