Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6794 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Respected Developer

Question Random idea -> Data to Images

Well I'm in the process of learning a new functional programming language called F#. One of the first things people tend to do when learning a new programming language is write little, often completely useless, programs to test and verify their knowledge of the language.

Same with me. Since F# is very good with processing raw data I decided to make a data to image transcoder. So the program would read data (a file) and generate an image out of that data in a way that makes it possible to reverse the process (data out of an image).

This is probably nothing really new or special but it became obvious that this could be potentially be used for turning image hosts into file hosts. For example:
    - take a big ISO file
    - generate images out of it
    - upload images
    - post links to images on a warez forum

People could then:
    - download images
    - use a program to extract the iso out of it

This sounds kinda like rapidshare and rars. The thing about this is is that it doesn't have waiting times and doesn't cost money. I just wanted to hear your opinions/ideas about this because I'm considering turning this little test program into a 'real' public program.

Here's the Borderlands crack: http://i48.tinypic.com/mc536b.png

Hyperz Reviewed by Hyperz on . Random idea -> Data to Images Well I'm in the process of learning a new functional programming language called F#. One of the first things people tend to do when learning a new programming language is write little, often completely useless, programs to test and verify their knowledge of the language. Same with me. Since F# is very good with processing raw data I decided to make a data to image transcoder. So the program would read data (a file) and generate an image out of that data in a way that makes it possible to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    google.co.uk
    Could it be possible to do the same with movies?

For example create an iso of a movie, do your thing and turn it into images or whatever, then download it, and extract as a movie?

Or, am I on the wrong thing completely? lol

10mb image, I guess the same size as the crack. Size of (lets say) a movie turned to an image would result in, I suppose, 700+mb. Image hosts usually don't allow uploading 700mb images

Website's:
    freedom2blog.com wrz4all.com
    All The Best with that. What I guess is, in this way compression rate will be very high?

el_jentel1 <3 | WGTools.Com | dedicated fan of jayfella

Website's:
    google.co.uk
    Yeah, it isn't the file size I am bothered about. If this is possible, then surely it would be easier to distribute warez, using images? The sites may find it weird though, a 700MB image. lol

Website's:
    RIP-Warezthegfx.org RIP-Usawarez.com
    Alright it looks cool, sounds cool but can't you achieve the same with just renaming a file?

http://www.imgcentre.com/images/view/25cd0cee17.png

Rename it to .rar

I dunno, seems to work by just renaming.

p.s. the image = a part83.rar file so don't expect it to unarchive
    I am not "The Katz" or affiliated, it's just my last name.

it is a great idea, tho i think you would have more success coding an operating system than this

Website's:
    google.co.uk
    If you just rename an archive, it won't show the image though, will it?

This way would actually show an image, may be a great idea

Website's:
    RIP-Warezthegfx.org RIP-Usawarez.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny1986 View Post
    If you just rename an archive, it won't show the image though, will it?

This way would actually show an image, may be a great idea
    Alright you are correct about that It's actually pretty cool!
    I am not "The Katz" or affiliated, it's just my last name.

Website's:
    google.co.uk
    I am thinking Hyperz may have come up with something we can all use. Maybe not for movies, they may be a bit big, but I am sure apps, definitely would work. AND they would never get deleted, because images aren't illegal.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information