Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6716 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com

Default Facebook Connect

Is Facebook Connect "good" for warez sites. Do we benefit from the extra social traffic or does it just hurt us in the long run?

Is it useful in registering good members, non-spam bots or is it just a waste of time?

What are your guys' opinion about it!
    Golden Falcon Reviewed by Golden Falcon on . Facebook Connect Is Facebook Connect "good" for warez sites. Do we benefit from the extra social traffic or does it just hurt us in the long run? Is it useful in registering good members, non-spam bots or is it just a waste of time? What are your guys' opinion about it! Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

IMO when I see it on most sites, I leave. It's just annoying and tbh do people really want all their warez activity being posted up on facebook?
    YAY!

Google Corp.
    I disabled facebook connect on hotfile-zone bcos when people sign up their real name is used as the username, their facebook profile pic is used as the avatar and forum profile pic and they will receive emails via facebook cos a facebook email address is used to redirect the email to them. Its not very practical for a warez site.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Banned
    Website's:
    rko.com
    lol face book and twitter = gays

Website's:
    litewarez.net litewarez.com triniwarez.com
    Well i would use facebook connect without a problem, i mena the versions that comes with forums or IPB take there real name but remember that its not coded for warez sites but if your like me and you know how to use all 3 apis (PHP,JS,XFBML) then you can only take data you need such as profile pic etc!
    Join Litewarez.net today and become apart of the community.
    Unique | Clean | Advanced (All with you in mind)
    Downloads | Webmasters

Notifications,Forum,Chat,Community all at Litewarez Webmasters

well lite we are not all like you are we
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

I think Twitter will help wrt site news and issues.
    Facebook however will prove as a security risk to some as with what SJshah said.
    This is the staff, you have been banned

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    I would say it's a waste of time and would generate more spam because more people from Facebook(the majority of whom do not understand the concept of the Internet outside of Facebook) would get on to your site.

Thread Information