Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6885 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Are you listed? Do you check?

How many web-masters here actually do NOT submit to the large DDL sites like Ka**, Pha**, Mech** etc? And if you do, are you actually checking all the posts that you submit?
    When I actually, for example, take a link from Ka** to download an app or something, I can guarantee you, although it has only just been submitted, the link is either dead, the layout of the post is sub-standard, there is hardly any info, screens are not added and generally the post should never have been submitted in the first place.
    Now, is that laziness on the posters behalf?, the sites admin?, or the DDL site not checking also what is being submitted? (I know they recieve tens of thousands a day and its impossible to check them all!)
    Just like to hear your thoughts and comments.
    And NO, I dont submit to ANY DDL sites. (Well, not yet anyway!) LOL
    arko66 Reviewed by arko66 on . Are you listed? Do you check? How many web-masters here actually do NOT submit to the large DDL sites like Ka**, Pha**, Mech** etc? And if you do, are you actually checking all the posts that you submit? When I actually, for example, take a link from Ka** to download an app or something, I can guarantee you, although it has only just been submitted, the link is either dead, the layout of the post is sub-standard, there is hardly any info, screens are not added and generally the post should never have been submitted in the Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

mmm mmm!
    Maybe they should lower the amount of post that they can recieve every day and recruite someone to check all the submissions.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

That would be an ideal solution mrsandvik. But greed determines how many they want to handle I suppose. I believe that they do already have staff that check as many submissions as possible. But I still think its the responsibility of the webmasters or its staff to control the posts before submission.

Website's:
    thedailygrindforum.com
    I think its the job of the admin to make sure the poster are posting correctly. And only the good formatted posts should be submitted to ddl sites.

Yes, I agree. But how many are really checking the lay-out and content of the files? I mean, do staff check that the file is complete, no errors or missing data etc? I doubt it. The only way that is possible is if the admin only submit their own posts. (even then, they might have just copied the file and added their own info files!)

Website's:
    thedailygrindforum.com
    Only the good site owner do

And to submit only your own posts, hmm , well think you must give others the chance too to prove they are good, and then you can take them under your wings and submit their stuff too.
    After checking it off course.

mmm mmm!
    Unfortunately there are many copycats in the warez world. Very many just copy & post and says that it's their work. To much BS

You should only take the links if your source is GOOD.
    The best would be to download and actually test the file before even posting it.
    If your source is a scene tracker you should be good, but if your source is a random post in a random forum your are doomed.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    Pirateview.org Gfxs.org StarkWood.org
    never submitted to any DDL...AND Still making great.. I work more on SEO and more than 20% of my traffic comes from search engines.

I usually take my stuff from scene release sites that are generally very reliable in the file content. Maybe out of 100 downloads from them, I might get 1-2 dodgy files. Because I generally trust these people after dealing with them for a couple of years, its not nessescary to check every single file, but still do the odd one now and again! Then Re-pack, and my own info files etc.. and then at least I know they would be suitable for submitting.

mmm mmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by NucleA View Post
    never submitted to any DDL...AND Still making great.. I work more on SEO and more than 20% of my traffic comes from search engines.
    Yeah, you would get much more traffic if you get first page on google

Thread Information