Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6781 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned
    Website's:
    piratehq.net

Default How to change the [CODE]??

Hey all, I'm just curious.

1. How do I change the [CODE] prefix into [DOWNLOAD], so when it's clicked on the little panel when posting / replying it will be shown as a download?

2. How can I change it for all existing codes to be shown as below:

Download:
    Code: 
    without the codeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Thanks !
    Foxy Reviewed by Foxy on . How to change the [CODE]?? Hey all, I'm just curious. 1. How do I change the prefix into , so when it's clicked on the little panel when posting / replying it will be shown as a download? 2. How can I change it for all existing codes to be shown as below: Download: without the codeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thanks ! Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Website's:
    GraffThe.Net MCSkatty.com MCSkatty.co.uk MCSkatty.net MCSkatty.org MCSkatty.info
    Admincp > Languages & Phrases > Phrase Manager > find "code" its page 7 on mine then edit.

or

Admincp > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Your Style > Edit Template > BB Code Layout Templates > bbcode_code & change $vbphrase[code]: to Download:
    GraffThe.Net - The #1 Graffiti Download Site.

Banned
    Website's:
    piratehq.net
    Din't work mate, I edited it in both areas.

It doesn't display anything now besides the :

If you do that, you will have all code boxes turned into Download: no matter if the link inside is a URL to an information page of an NFO that's put inside a code. Are you sure you want to do this? Cuz it's ridiculous. You better create a new BBCode instead :\

Banned
    Website's:
    piratehq.net
    I tried creating a BBCode but it din't work , any suggestions?

Also, how would I put it on the little window when you chat? So it has like a DDL tag, and you can do that?

Thanks heaps.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Din't work mate, I edited it in both areas.

It doesn't display anything now besides the :
    That means you edited it wrong and now it can't fine it. Undo what you did and just edit in it in the phrases as it's better practice and if you get a new skin it will stay as Download: and not Code:

Here's exactly what to do. If you follow it exactly you'll have no problem.

In ACP >> Languages & Phrases >> Search in Phrases

Fill in the following:
    Search for Text: Code
    Search in Language: English
    Product: vBulletin
    Phrase Type: GLOBAL <--- Important
    Search in: Phrase Text Only
    Case-Sensitive: No
    Exact Match: Yes

That will return only one reply with is just Code. To the right of it is Edit. Click it and in the bottom box type Download and click Save. You don't need to add the ":" bit.

Remember to undo the other crap you did first or this won't work.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Banned
    Website's:
    piratehq.net
    Ah okay, I have got it to work now thanks.

However, as said earlier it can mess around all previous code examples, so is there a way to create a new one just for download being like : [ DDL ] with barckets inclosed, and allow those links to be clickable?

Also to have it on the message posting bar as DDL etc?

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Glad that worked.

For the custom one yes but that's more work and as 99% of your posts will be from Autoposters and users you have no control over so custom BBcodes won't work. They rarely do for such important bits. People don't know about them and won't use them. If fact I know so well it's not going to work I'm not going to bother even telling you how to do it.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    InstantRDP.com
    Is this tut for changing text "CODE:" to "DOWNLOAD" ?

If yes, I can't see the change. I got this error after I wrote DOWNLOAD and saved it.

Access Masks Phrases (fieldname = accessmask) Varname English (US) access_ denied [Edit] access_ denied_ x_ users [Edit] access_ granted [Edit] access_ granted_ x_ users [Edit] access_ mask_ manager [Edit] access_ masks_ quick_ editor [Edit] delete_ all_ access_ masks [Edit] display_ all_ users [Edit] display_ users [Edit] sort [Edit] user_ forum_ access_ for_ x [Edit] Help
    Albums Phrases (fieldname = album) Varname English (US) add_ album [Edit] add_ picture_ to_ groups [Edit] add_ pictures [Edit] add_ pictures_ to_ a_ group

Thread Information