Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61048 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site"??

Hello,

I need help from you guys.

This morning I found out my website is down cuz my host got some problem. Finally my website is back again after my hosting company fixed it. (Of course, the down time is caused by the hosting company, sometimes their server just out of service...)

I hope someone can help me, I have few question:

Q1. How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site" when it is down.

Q2. How can I use the Back-up website without changing the Original Domain and Path, in the other words, visitors can still use the same web address/link to visit my site, the only difference of back-up is it using another Hosting. (All link path of my website content are remain the same, cuz I don't want to inform my users that "my site is down...here is the new link of my backup site...so you guys have to use the new links till my original site come back......)

Q3. I know to change server name on my Domain Panel, it can direct the domain to my new host, but it always take 2~3days to perform it. Is it possible to direct my domain to my back-up host "Immediately" or at least within "1 hour"?

Below are my website info:

Language: PHP
    Server System: Linux
    Hosting: Dreamhost
    Domain: Godaddy

Thank you!
    fuchen Reviewed by fuchen on . How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site"?? Hello, I need help from you guys. This morning I found out my website is down cuz my host got some problem. Finally my website is back again after my hosting company fixed it. (Of course, the down time is caused by the hosting company, sometimes their server just out of service...) I hope someone can help me, I have few question: Q1. How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site" when it is down. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    FusionWarez.info SmokeHost.net Leechers.co
    1. Don't think that's possible (DNS Propgation varies tho)
    2. Direct server access. for e.g http://Website - IP/~cPanel Username.
    3. Not sure.

Website's:
    reddit.com
    It would be expensive.. You would need to buy 2 servers, and have your own nameservers..

2 VPS's would do the job..

Just Google: "2 servers on 1 domain" and you will find plenty tutorials..

Website's:
    MP3SearchEngines.net LatestMovieTrailers.org Talking.so
    Might be possible as Maniac said. But better you don't get into such complications and get yourself ONE good host

Thank you!~I will find a good and stable hosting~

What you can do here for u to not get any downtime at any time this is the best solution:

1. Have a duplicate site with same theme and stuff on 2 different shared servers or vps's which ever u prefer.

2. Have a external MySql database server get from a well known company that offers that and link your database to both the servers on the same.

3. Then on your NS records, try using a DNS Server such as everydns.net or any other that you like and add as follows:

ns1.sharedhosting1.com
    ns2.sharedhosting1.com
    ns1.sharedhosting2.com
    ns2.sharedhosting2.com

Now give shared hosting1.com a higher priority and give the other less.

Incase one of your shared host goes down it will pick the site hosted on the other server.

This will make your site never to go down, this can only go down if your MySQL server goes down

Cheerz

Nice Trick SpongeBob if it works Good

2. Have a external MySql database server get from a well known company that offers that and link your database to both the servers on the same.
    sorry for beeing so late, but i found this thread and i am very interested: where can i find this thing (an external MySql database server )?

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    it will be easier for you to get a better stable host, vps,dedi etc

Website's:
    zomgbbqpizza.com evilddl.com scenemarket.org
    You guys do realise how old this thread is??? lol o.O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information