Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61071 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    MP3SearchEngines.net LatestMovieTrailers.org Talking.so

Default PHPBB3 help!!

I have a phpbb3 forum. I had installed few mods like ajax chat, reputation system, ad management, animated tag cloud. Due to a host problem I could not make a files backup but managed to backup the database. Then I installed phpbb3 on a new host and edited the config file so that it directed towards that database(I added the database in the new host of course).
    But still the mod tables remain in the database and I am facing troubles while installing new mods. If I delete their tables will those mods automatically get removed from the database or I need to drop something else too?
    nYXem Reviewed by nYXem on . PHPBB3 help!! I have a phpbb3 forum. I had installed few mods like ajax chat, reputation system, ad management, animated tag cloud. Due to a host problem I could not make a files backup but managed to backup the database. Then I installed phpbb3 on a new host and edited the config file so that it directed towards that database(I added the database in the new host of course). But still the mod tables remain in the database and I am facing troubles while installing new mods. If I delete their tables will Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

You can drop the mod tables but be very careful doing this as you dont want to drop a table you need

Alternatively you can re-download all the mods and some of them might have an install file and you can remove it from the mod from database that way

But yes dropping the old mod tables will be enough to re-install them as all a mod is file edits and databases tables which almost all of them can just be deleted without causing problems with your database

Hope this helps
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

Website's:
    MP3SearchEngines.net LatestMovieTrailers.org Talking.so
    Thx for the quick reply mate.
    I compared two databases, one from which I need to drop tables and one fresh copy without any mods. Found 11 tables more in the old database. All of them are related to mods. So I think I should drop them all!!

Yea but like i said wont hurt to double check as you are dropping them normally they are named according to the mod so you should be good and keep a backup
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

Thread Information