Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6604 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Website's:
    forumflare.com

Default Ethics; Sharing is Caring?

I was talking to NLPLegacy on msn and he can't determine the difference between sharing and stealing.

Sure we steal from big name companies and shit but they don't need the money. Although he wanted me to rip a skin for him because he said "sharing is caring" and that I would gain respect from ripping it and giving it to him. He probably has a few things to learn. This isn't something to show hate, its just a discussion.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyways how far does the pirate in you go?
    How far would you go to get things for free?
    Would you rip someone custom skin because its nice and you think "sharing is caring" or do you respect the time he spent working on it?
    Exel Reviewed by Exel on . Ethics; Sharing is Caring? I was talking to NLPLegacy on msn and he can't determine the difference between sharing and stealing. Sure we steal from big name companies and shit but they don't need the money. Although he wanted me to rip a skin for him because he said "sharing is caring" and that I would gain respect from ripping it and giving it to him. He probably has a few things to learn. This isn't something to show hate, its just a discussion. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Anyways how far does the pirate in you Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    this screenshot tells half of my answer :- http://screensnapr.com/u/hg90up.png

and the other half ... like you said about the custom skin .... nope i don't agree coz it's a hard work done by a guy not a whole company a single person and a big company from whom we rip games and etc ... theres a huge difference

Banned
    Ripping others hardword = fail!

No more words.

Respected Member
    Nobody should be off limits in this. I hate how you guys think you all should be off limits because you post on KWWH or somebody is a friend of a friend. But templatemonster, Microsoft and Adobe should be ripped off because they are a real business.

You just justify it with, "they make enough money," so you feel better about yourselves.

PS: saying ripping others hardwork is fail with "uploader" in your name is stupid. Those large business work harder then any teen doing designs or writing scripts.

Ok, sharing and stealing are two different words. That's for sure. But to confuse one with the other is deliberately lying to one's self in the hope that there's something morally redeeming or virtuous about willfully denying large companies (e.g. Adobe) and small companies (e.g. one or two person web design team) payment for their time and labor put into making something. I'm saying this 'sharing' argument is not convincing. There's nothing reasonable about it. It doesn't pass the straight-face test.

In the context of the warez world (i.e. the activity that defines warez), where the thing being passed back and forth is not rightfully one's own property, the fact that these two words -- stealing and sharing -- are spelled differently is a distinction without a difference.

Simply stating Microsoft doesn't need the money isn't an reasonable argument. If something is on the shelf in a store, and it doesn't say 'free' on it, and you take it without paying for it, then that's stealing -- no matter how big or small or famous the supermarket or grocery store is.

Website's:
    tufos.net
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Nobody should be off limits in this. I hate how you guys think you all should be off limits because you post on KWWH or somebody is a friend of a friend. But templatemonster, Microsoft and Adobe should be ripped off because they are a real business.

You just justify it with, "they make enough money," so you feel better about yourselves.

PS: saying ripping others hardwork is fail with "uploader" in your name is stupid. Those large business work harder then any teen doing designs or writing scripts.
    I agree 100%.

Banned
    Just so you know, the makers of the products you release, feel the same way. Why do you get to pick and chose what is stealing and what isn't? Only thing that enters my mind, is that because the skin is by known makers, you know who owns it. Everything else, you are all dis-attached.

Ethically it's not right; morally, it can be whatever you want it to be (i.e. sharing, caring, blah). There's a strict difference between those terms.

Whenever you are downloading some copyright material, it means you are stealing and ripping off the creator, no two ways about it mate. There is no difference between stealing a movie and stealing someone's custom skin because they both took a great deal of hard work to make.

You can't justify stealing based on whether the creator is rich or not. Can you go to a really rich doctor and say you won't pay his fees for the treatment you received because you think he is already rich and doesn't need the money?

Would you rip someone custom skin because its nice and you think "sharing is caring" or do you respect the time he spent working on it?
    So you want everyone to respect the time spent working on the skin? How about people respecting the years of work put into making a game or a movie? I don't see that happening. So why is this any different? If you are into warez and support piracy, you clearly have no ground to protest or complain if someone rips your custom made premium skin and uses it elsewhere.

Website's:
    forumflare.com
    We frowned upon some guy named uhhh...
    I can't remember but he got banned off KWWH for ripping so much but all we do is steal...

How far is too far? I don't know... :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information