I have struggled fixing this all night long last night, hoping to get it fixed but I couldn't do it. I know how to assign IP if the guest OS is Windows but, there are some differences needed to be done with the network adapter when installing an guest OS, according to what I've read. That messed up my understanding.

So, I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Std Edition x64 and I've installed the latest version of VirtualBox on it. Now I'm trying to install CentOS 5.5 x64 in the VirtualBox then give the CentOS 5.5 x64 its own public IP. I have extra 8 IP's given by the ISP/Datacenter.

I keep getting error and I cannot login to the CentOS after all modifying the network settings.

Can anyone help? I can give TeamViewer access if you want to investigate the process or errors.

Regards
LEVAC109 Reviewed by LEVAC109 on . How to assign public IP to a guest OS (CentOS-5.5) of a VirtualBox, on Windows host. I have struggled fixing this all night long last night, hoping to get it fixed but I couldn't do it. I know how to assign IP if the guest OS is Windows but, there are some differences needed to be done with the network adapter when installing an guest OS, according to what I've read. That messed up my understanding. So, I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Std Edition x64 and I've installed the latest version of VirtualBox on it. Now I'm trying to install CentOS 5.5 x64 in the VirtualBox then Rating: 5