Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6861 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What does Filehosts Have Against Hong-Kong ??

Fileserve & Now Filesonic have banned users from Hong-Kong and just wanted to know why .

Note for Hong Kong Users

Please note that FileSonic no longer pays for downloads from Hong Kong. Also, please note that we no longer accept premium account purchases from Hong Kong.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    viruz99 Reviewed by viruz99 on . What does Filehosts Have Against Hong-Kong ?? Fileserve & Now Filesonic have banned users from Hong-Kong and just wanted to know why . Note for Hong Kong Users Please note that FileSonic no longer pays for downloads from Hong Kong. Also, please note that we no longer accept premium account purchases from Hong Kong. Thank you for your understanding. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It's possible that there were lots of fraud purchases from Hong Kong. Or other theory would be that uploaders from Hong Kong were infecting the files.

Respected Member
    Website's:
    FreshWap.com KWWHunction.com
    i think the work both of them did is great
    Dear Haters,
    "I respect you so much, that's why I salute you with 1 middle finger!"

Thank You !

Respected Member
    I cannot speak for filesonic but I noticed a lot of hong kong users cheated. More then anyone else so I removed them from cat b on imgkeep

Respected Member
    Website's:
    FreshWap.com KWWHunction.com
    great, lets ban hong kong from all forums
    Dear Haters,
    "I respect you so much, that's why I salute you with 1 middle finger!"

Thank You !

Website's:
    bramjlive.com
    as almost ddos attack from hong kong and china

Website's:
    wuploadlinks.net fileserve-movies.net fsdown.org
    ^^

Did you mean : "Almost all ddos attacks are from hong kong and china"?

Please click the image above!

According to RickyFS of Fileserve, he said the reason for disallowing Hong Kong membership was not because of fraud but he refused to explain why. This made me even more curious. I suspected some sort of pressure by the government but that was just pure speculation. But now, I think it does appear so....if you add up all of the pieces together....

Ever since the Edison Chan sex scandal incident where the accused stored their photos on Crapidshare, the HK Police mentioned on the news it took them great length to acquiring those photos from offshore filehosts. Then there's also this article:

http://guanyu9.blogspot.com/2010/01/...-services.html

Also, which 3 filehosts block Hong Kong from accessing?

Answer: Megaupload, Filesonic and Fileserve!

Megaupload and Filesonic are Hong Kong companies and have offices in Hong Kong. Although it doesn't seem like Fileserve is a Hong Kong company but RickyFS's presence always make me wonder otherwise. RickyFS is situated in Central, Hong Kong. Many months ago I had a chat with him and he mentioned that Fileserve's primary customers are not in Hong Kong. That moment I thought to myself, "then why the need for a tech support with an office in HK?"

You don't see other filehosts banning Hong Kong access, do you?

The way I look at it, the HK Police and Custom are trying to curb software and media piracy. If so, our days with filehosts are numbered...!

In the future we may have to rely on other filehosts that don't have a Hong Kong office. It's time I move my files to Bitshare....

Hmm...something very fishy. We need to get to the bottom of this

Quote Originally Posted by iTwins View Post
    According to RickyFS of Fileserve, he said the reason for disallowing Hong Kong membership was not because of fraud but he refused to explain why. This made me even more curious. I suspected some sort of pressure by the government but that was just pure speculation. But now, I think it does appear so....if you add up all of the pieces together....

Ever since the Edison Chan sex scandal incident where the accused stored their photos on Crapidshare, the HK Police mentioned on the news it took them great length to acquiring those photos from offshore filehosts. Then there's also this article:

http://guanyu9.blogspot.com/2010/01/...-services.html

Also, which 3 filehosts block Hong Kong from accessing?

Answer: Megaupload, Filesonic and Fileserve!

Megaupload and Filesonic are Hong Kong companies and have offices in Hong Kong. Although it doesn't seem like Fileserve is a Hong Kong company but RickyFS's presence always make me wonder otherwise. RickyFS is situated in Central, Hong Kong. Many months ago I had a chat with him and he mentioned that Fileserve's primary customers are not in Hong Kong. That moment I thought to myself, "then why the need for a tech support with an office in HK?"

You don't see other filehosts banning Hong Kong access, do you?

The way I look at it, the HK Police and Custom are trying to curb software and media piracy. If so, our days with filehosts are numbered...!

In the future we may have to rely on other filehosts that don't have a Hong Kong office. It's time I move my files to Bitshare....

Nice guess. but the bad news is bs have a storage limit even u are a premium member.
    As far as I know there is not many hosts providing unlimited storage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information