Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6739 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    maxneeds.info

Post Domain may slow everything ?

Hi !
    I was wondering if you can explain me about the domain speed.
    I don't know much from domains,but is it possible that domain may slow the transfer speed ? Like i mean i have really fast internet 64 mbps dl and 15 mbps upload,so after i made a few tests about the website loading/transfer speed using just the ip it is OK.When i tried same tests using the domain it is 30 times slower ?
    Or it may just slow down the connection time with few microseconds..?
    Porsche_maniak Reviewed by Porsche_maniak on . Domain may slow everything ? Hi ! I was wondering if you can explain me about the domain speed. I don't know much from domains,but is it possible that domain may slow the transfer speed ? Like i mean i have really fast internet 64 mbps dl and 15 mbps upload,so after i made a few tests about the website loading/transfer speed using just the ip it is OK.When i tried same tests using the domain it is 30 times slower :O ? Or it may just slow down the connection time with few microseconds..? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    speed depends upon server.. whether it is shared , vps or dedicated, also port speed matters

dns protocol is really simple ( to resolve domain you need to send/get only a few bytes of data) and nameservers usualy run on really high-end machines - entire process is just a matter of miliseconds.

Probation
    i agree to vineet

Thread Information