Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61352 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default weird symbols after importing databse on my new host

Support Request Template
    What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.4
    What is your board's URL? http://just4freeplanet.com
    How did you install your board? I installed my board myself
    Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
    Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
    What MODs do you have installed? activity stats mod, thanks mod ,alertbox pm, birthday on registration, instant post redirect, chatbox, last post titles, recent topics, top poster of the month, upcoming birthday, welcome pm, topic in who is online, posts per day, donation mod.
    Please describe your problem. i have changed from host,so from my old host i made a backup from database and also i downloaded all the files from my server. then on my new host i installed phpbb 3.0.4 and after that i replaced all files with the ones from my old host except the config and htacces file.and i imported the backup from my database with BigDump. now i get weird symbols on my site in the topictitles,forumtitles and some messages etc
    examples:
    The 16-Minute Speed Readi?€?
    café
    Return to your ?€œOutbox?€? folder
    What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver,extreme blue
    What language(s) is your board currently using? English
    Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
    What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
    Alegria Reviewed by Alegria on . weird symbols after importing databse on my new host Support Request Template What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.4 What is your board's URL? http://just4freeplanet.com How did you install your board? I installed my board myself Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install Do you have any MODs installed? Yes What MODs do you have installed? activity stats mod, thanks mod ,alertbox pm, birthday on registration, instant post redirect, chatbox, last post titles, recent topics, top poster of the month, upcoming Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    mybluemoon-planet.com myrealblue.com
    look here, good luck

hoi mandy,
    thanks for the link but the utf8 is set correct as it is displayed on that site.
    so i don't have any idea what could be the problem

Website's:
    Believe me something is wrong with the utf8

Place in sql this

Code: 

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, 'é', '?') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'é')>0

update `phpbb_topics` set `topic_title`=replace(`topic_title`,'é','?') WHERE instr( `topic_title` , 'é' ) >0

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, 'é','?') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'é')>0

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, '“','"') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'“')>0

it can't execute it

SQL-query:
    UPDATE `phpbb_posts_text` SET `post_text` = replace( `post_text` , 'é', '?' ) WHERE instr( `post_text` , 'é' ) >0 UPDATE `phpbb_topics` SET `topic_title` = replace( `topic_title` , 'é', '?' ) WHERE instr( `topic_title` , 'é' ) >0 UPDATE `phpbb_posts_text` SET `post_text` = replace( `post_text` , 'é', '?' ) WHERE instr( `post_text` , 'é' ) >0 UPDATE `phpbb_posts_text` SET `post_text` = replace( `post_text` , '“', '"' ) WHERE instr( `post_text` , '“' ) >0
    MySQL retourneerde:
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'update `phpbb_topics` set `topic_title`=replace(`topic_title`,'é','é') WHERE' at line 3

Website's:
    Code: 

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, 'é', '?') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'é')>0;

update `phpbb_topics` set `topic_title`=replace(`topic_title`,'é','?') WHERE instr( `topic_title` , 'é' ) >0;

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, 'é','?') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'é')>0;

update `phpbb_posts_text` set `post_text`=replace(`post_text`, '“','"') WHERE instr(`post_text`,'“')>0;
    forgot the ; at the end
    try again

no i didn't had any effect after i dit this query

Website's:
    have you refresh your page again?? so from your board?

yes i purged the cache

Website's:
    your doing something not right then.

its realy have something to do with your utf8
    i know becausse i had it once before.
    i solve that to instal a new database with the same utf8 colition from the old one.

maybe you have to do that too if this not working for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information