Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6794 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cloud hosting?

I need something like vps.net in order to scale easily, but warez-linking should be "allowed". I want to host something like filestube, means a search engine - I will remove links/search-results upon DMCA complaint and the hoster should not suspend my account just because of such complaints.

Any idea/experience?
    Momoe Reviewed by Momoe on . Cloud hosting? I need something like vps.net in order to scale easily, but warez-linking should be "allowed". I want to host something like filestube, means a search engine - I will remove links/search-results upon DMCA complaint and the hoster should not suspend my account just because of such complaints. Any idea/experience? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    I`d say your best bet is to find a VPS host that is easily able to scale for your needs and also in your price range. What price range are you looking in?

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    I'd say just get a VPS or a DEDI

the only place where I Have seen cloud hosting is in USA

I want to start with < $100/month, I just don't need more value (hardware/bandwidth) in the beginning. Later I want to expand the cloud based on my needs. For example on vps.net one can just add additional nodes - means deploying additional cpu power, storage and bandwidth within minutes. Something like that would be ideal.

// I don't want to get dedicated server(s). It's just too much trouble. I'd rather pay more for scaleable cloud-hosting.

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    I haven't seen any cloud hosting that allows warez linking yet,

don't know if they exist yet

Yes well I thought for a legit hosting company, there's maybe a small difference between "warez linking" (e.g. a warez-blog) and a file search engine. The latter contains copyrighted material as well, but at least one can argue that "it works like Google". Maybe I have luck somewhere with that argument

Website's:
    urgentVPS.com
    I would definitely look into a VPS host that offers a clear upgrade path, there are a lot of companies out there that can offer you anything from a small 256/384mb VPS all the way up to semi-dedicated 4.5/5GB VPS services, on top of that, many will also be able to get you on to a dedicated server should you outgrow their biggest packages - there really is a huge range of options out there these days.

I presume you're looking for something European based, did you have a specific location in mind?
    urgentVPS - Premium DDoS Protected Xen OnApp CLOUD based in Germany, Europe - backed by a solid SLA and completely free Windows Server OS options!
    E-mail: [email protected] | Phone: 020-3137-1802
    Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/urgentvps

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    X4B.org
    You could throw a reverse proxy in front of it and have the backend as some scaleable cloud architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I would definitely look into a VPS host that offers a clear upgrade path, there are a lot of companies out there that can offer you anything from a small 256/384mb VPS all the way up to semi-dedicated 4.5/5GB VPS services, on top of that, many will also be able to get you on to a dedicated server should you outgrow their biggest packages - there really is a huge range of options out there these days.

I presume you're looking for something European based, did you have a specific location in mind?
    Well as noted, I don't want any dedicated servers. Also I don't want a simple VPS which is shared on one dedicated server. I want a VPS which is part of a cluster system / cloud architecture. This way it's possible to have a really powerful VPS with 6gb RAM and 10ghz cpu power like available on vps.net. It's just more comfortable. In the past I had often downtimes when a drive died in the raid - most likely this can't happen with a cloud-based VPS. I don't want to mess around with such problems anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitIce View Post
    You could throw a reverse proxy in front of it and have the backend as some scaleable cloud architecture.
    That's interesting. Still I would rely on a 3rd party service. Means if the proxy is down (ddos, hardware failure, whatever), I'm down as well. For "real biz" where big money is involved (like filestube) this is obviously no choice.

Banned
    What stopped you from just using VPS.NET?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information