Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61198 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default PayPal is screwing India, NOT RBI!

In a recent email and blog post, PayPal said that they will be restraining Indian users from using the money in their PayPal account from purchasing anything along with putting a stipulation that they have to withdraw the money within 7 days. In addition to that, they have also said that Indian users cannot accept payments more than $500.

First of we take a look at why PayPal cannot keep your money with them for more than 7 days and then delve into the $500 restriction they will be putting into place.
    Because if PayPal keeps the money with them, they have to be regulated as a bank and PayPal does not want that to happen. Any entity which provides on-demand payments have to be regulated as a bank as per RBI rules. With this new change PayPal is basically circumnavigating this regulation so that they don’t have to answer questions to any government about how they conduct business and why they charge an exorbitant amount to customers to accept payments.

Is PayPal practically f*cking all Indians?
    Their business heads know how to circumnavigate against a country’s policies and that they are adamant about accepting regulations because that would mean that they have to cut down on their charges and also ensure that they do follow all guidelines laid down for a bank.

But what about the $500 transaction limit?
    This is a government and RBI mandated thing. All entities who bring cash-flow into India have to basically report transactions above $500 to the RBI and government. PayPal is basically just circumnavigating around this mandate by restricting the payments to $500. Once they do this, they have no obligation to report it to the RBI or the Indian government.

Are the new changes by PayPal just about screwing the RBI, Indian Government and people who use their service?
    If PayPal accepts the RBI regulations they have to be treated a bank and they are hell bent on not doing it. They are basically finding ways to get over it because once they become a bank they come under a different set of rules. Right now PayPal is a monetary service but they are not like say SBI, ICICI, HSBC or Citibank and do not have to adhere to the rules. Once you become a bank, you have stringent rules which PayPal doesn't want to follow.

I feel that PayPal is basically cheating the RBI, Indian government and Indian users because they don’t want to be regulated. All I can say is that we need to boycott these services and switch to some alternatives.

Though these things may make my statement that RBI is in no fault at this sound untrue, but you have to understand that these rules have been in place in 2004 and some of them since 1999. So saying that RBI is screwing PayPal is basically wrong. PayPal has been floundering these rules since they came into India and the RBI is just reining them in. They might have given them an option to change to being a bank or stop flouting the rules laid down by the Government of India. I believe you will understand what PayPal chose to do.

Source: Techi-Buzz.com
    iFlames Reviewed by iFlames on . PayPal is screwing India, NOT RBI! In a recent email and blog post, PayPal said that they will be restraining Indian users from using the money in their PayPal account from purchasing anything along with putting a stipulation that they have to withdraw the money within 7 days. In addition to that, they have also said that Indian users cannot accept payments more than $500. First of we take a look at why PayPal cannot keep your money with them for more than 7 days and then delve into the $500 restriction they will be putting Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    WarezArena.Info WarezAXiS.ORG
    Source >> http://techie-buzz.com/tech-news/pay...-flouting.html <<
    Best Alternative Is To Shift To Alert Pay OR MB ...
    Wordpress Theme To WCDDL Theme 10$ PM Me[/B] :)

Banned
    Website's:
    WrzRealm.Com
    Alertpay

Banned
    Website's:
    hackersindex.com internet4cash.com
    Alertpay FTW.

PayPal has always been playing number games with Indians they are literally screwing their biggest market

Website's:
    sits-cta.org
    but alertpay isnt used by most of hosting companies....mb/lr i think is better......

Website's:
    cancerite.com
    Ah iFlames, thanks for sharing this information

does this mean we cannot receive payments from filehosts above 500$?

Banned
    Website's:
    hackersindex.com internet4cash.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack_0693 View Post
    but alertpay isnt used by most of hosting companies....mb/lr i think is better......
    It is not used because no one actually cared. But now that millions of indians wudn't have paypal, other providers don't have any choice but to accept alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by george101 View Post
    does this mean we cannot receive payments from filehosts above 500$?
    Correct if u have an Indian paypal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information