Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6988 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Articles Legal Issues

Hey guys
    It's as simple as this
    If I opened a site that will cover IT news in my native language and used and english site to get articles, if I translated those articles and published them, is that legal or not?
    Invisian Reviewed by Invisian on . Articles Legal Issues Hey guys It's as simple as this If I opened a site that will cover IT news in my native language and used and english site to get articles, if I translated those articles and published them, is that legal or not? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisian View Post
    Hey guys
    It's as simple as this
    If I opened a site that will cover IT news in my native language and used and english site to get articles, if I translated those articles and published them, is that legal or not?
    Not totally sure, but i would think Legal because the actual words would not be the same as translation is never perfect word for word, so it would be like you had re-written it..

Thanks man.
    Thought so too but hope to get more confirmations.

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    Well its like saying What if I take Windows XP and modified to my likings then provide it to users. is still illegal to distribute it because Microsoft owns the rights to it.

Like in a college paper people try to take information from the internet and try to change the words around, is still plagiarism.

But I doubt you will have any problems with it except for sites such as CNN news which sometimes they have in their footer "You are not allowed to post this elsewhere" etc

If you're translating the articles with your own words and not an exact translation, meaning you'll be writing an article about another article, you won't have a problem as far as I know.

You're allowed to comment, in your own words about news, articles and so on. Though, you can just link to the source, no?

As you said el_j
    I would like to write in arabic but with my own words.

And bxflow. It's an article not a Win XP.

Then it shouldn't be a problem, everyone reports the same news with their own words. You should be fine.

Thanks man.
    Appreciate help.

No need for more proofs.

Thread Information