Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6950 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com

Default Such thing as blocking alexa bot?

http://your360stop.com/ had an alexa rank of 60,000 and like 1-2 months ago my site went down for around 24hrs, I switched to a VPS. After the site came back up my alexa rank has been steady declining but my traffic has been rising, I know how alexa ranking works and how it counts alexa users with the toolbar but since I haven't lost visitors I assume the visitors who used to visit my site with the toolbar are still visiting.

Right now my alexa rank is at 100K so from 60'sK it has gone to 100K

So im trying to figure out is my VPS somehow blocking the alexa bot or does blocking the bot even make a difference?

Im guessing those visitors with the toolbar are not visiting anymore? but I find it weird that it has declined that much :/
    bxflow Reviewed by bxflow on . Such thing as blocking alexa bot? http://your360stop.com/ had an alexa rank of 60,000 and like 1-2 months ago my site went down for around 24hrs, I switched to a VPS. After the site came back up my alexa rank has been steady declining but my traffic has been rising, I know how alexa ranking works and how it counts alexa users with the toolbar but since I haven't lost visitors I assume the visitors who used to visit my site with the toolbar are still visiting. Right now my alexa rank is at 100K so from 60'sK it has gone to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    only way to block it is in your htaccess file. Its just inaccurate recordings.

Banned
    Website's:
    takedownpiracy.com
    Isnt alexa run by the tool bar people install and im pretty sure thats how its gets its stats.

Website's:
    kavkisfile.com tipsfreelance.com
    Alexa bot never visit any site and I think there is no alexa bot(!), alexa collect data from 3rd party site/tools. Make sure you have installed Google analytics/Quantcast/Compete. And do some white-hat SEO

Block Alexa
    User-agent: ia_archiver
    Disallow: /

Thread Information