Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61154 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com

Default How to improve my site's page loading speed

Hi

I run the website www.movies-megaupload.com

My website is based on Joomla 1.5.10 and I have enabled Legacy plugin to run it as native version.

I have hosted my website on a shared hosting program but would be moving it soon to a VPS with 1Gbps port, German hosted, with 384MB RAM and 8 core processor.

I am looking at suggestions to improve my website's page loading speed. Currently SH404sef and Joomlawatch are executing too many queries while the page is getting loaded. I cannot uninstall sh404sef and am looking at ways to optimize joomlawatch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    moviesmegaupload Reviewed by moviesmegaupload on . How to improve my site's page loading speed Hi I run the website www.movies-megaupload.com My website is based on Joomla 1.5.10 and I have enabled Legacy plugin to run it as native version. I have hosted my website on a shared hosting program but would be moving it soon to a VPS with 1Gbps port, German hosted, with 384MB RAM and 8 core processor. I am looking at suggestions to improve my website's page loading speed. Currently SH404sef and Joomlawatch are executing too many queries while the page is getting loaded. I cannot Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    I think its fast

Pure Awesomeness!

Website's:
    tufos.net
    Took around 27 seconds to load your site here in a 10mbps optical connection
    I don't like Joomla it always looked slow for me, why you don't convert your site to Wordpress.. I bet the loading times and overload things will decrease significantly : )

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-R-T View Post
    I will try to understand what each of the suggestion means and would try to implement it.

To be honest, I have very little experience in doing such stuff. I know about downloading and uploading (also by using rapidleech). I know how to post those links on my website. Beyond that, I have not worked on fixing my website's performance issues so far.

Guess it is time I started doing something to attract more vistors and to get better search engine rankings.

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aishamontreal View Post
    Took around 27 seconds to load your site here in a 10mbps optical connection
    I don't like Joomla it always looked slow for me, why you don't convert your site to Wordpress.. I bet the loading times and overload things will decrease significantly : )
    Took me ages to get my website working on Joomla. Thought that it is a good content management system for normal websites and Wordpress is mainly for blogs.

Besides, converting my website's over 1500 pages to wordpress now with all the functionalities sounds too much work for me

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    I honestly don't know Joomla but if it has a cache plugin or mod available somewhere then add it. Google "Joomla Cache" and see how you can improve your site. The first result is a pretty good start at explaining everything http://www.theartofjoomla.com/joomla...explained.html

As for the gtmetrix link posted earlier by Mr-R-T and the suggestions start with something like the optimized images part. All it requires you to do is replace your existing images with the optimized ones. While the difference won't be massive it will give you confidence to continue with the rest when you see it go from red to green. Some stuff is tricky to do. eg css sprites so concentrate on the easier stuff for now.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Cache plugin for Joomla:
    Code: 
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/cache/13155

Thread Information