Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6747 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Need help in improving site load time

Hello everyone,

I have tried as much as possible to reduce the load time of my site using Yslow report analysis but I have reached the limit of my technical know-how.

Now I need you to visit www.one-dl.com and please tell me if the site load time is satisfactory and if not how I can improve it.

Even though I have used apache's deflate_module in my .htaccess file to Gzip all components, Yslow! still says I have a huge number of uncompressed file. Anyway to compress them all?

I have a 1 month filesonic premium voucher lying around unused, I would be happy to give it to the one can help me drastically reduce the site load time

Thanks.
    Prazsky Reviewed by Prazsky on . Need help in improving site load time Hello everyone, I have tried as much as possible to reduce the load time of my site using Yslow report analysis but I have reached the limit of my technical know-how. Now I need you to visit www.one-dl.com and please tell me if the site load time is satisfactory and if not how I can improve it. Even though I have used apache's deflate_module in my .htaccess file to Gzip all components, Yslow! still says I have a huge number of uncompressed file. Anyway to compress them all? I have a Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com
    Load time is ok

-Add a content delivery networks (like static.yoursite.com) where all the CSS/images/javascript come from.
    -Install mod_pagespeed and configure it

Hello Prazsky,

By looking at your site from http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.one-dl.com/2HdaQoNR It indicates several files that take alot of seconds to load.

facebook.png takes 1.02s
    There is linking to a default.css in which case it isn't even on your server and that makes your site slower by about 2.77s.

Banned
    Website's:
    warez-bb.org sceneaccess.org
    -Remove unwanted plugins
    -Remove the slide show + FEATURED DOWNLOADS

-Display 5 posts

Or Change your host mate..

PS: Site is clean and loaded fine here.

Regards

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Alright, I'll try to help as much my knowledge permits

First of all, do you really need a "Featured Download" box ? Think over it, its actually useless and creates an impact on the loading of the page because the .js file is first downloaded and then processed at the user end.

Secondly, are you on a Shared, VPS or Dedicated server ? Your datacenter is HiVelocity which is located in US. So I doubt if any complains are received then they may take down your site. Anyways if you are hosting there for dev purpose then its fine.

I see that you are hosting the thumbnail images on your server, for doing so there is a plugin right ? so maybe that might be causing load.

Contact your host and ask him to provide you a screenshot of the CPU Usage/Load if possible.

Also, change your wordpress theme as the current one is really horrible. Why ? http://imm.io/media/4i/4itN.png

Default Result

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAT View Post
    Hello Prazsky,

By looking at your site from http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.one-dl.com/2HdaQoNR It indicates several files that take alot of seconds to load.

facebook.png takes 1.02s
    There is linking to a default.css in which case it isn't even on your server and that makes your site slower by about 2.77s.
    I worked whole night to do as much as feasibly possible at this stage to speed up my site. I think its loading noticeably quicker now. My web hosting provider also admitted the server is a little slow and will soon move me to a faster one.

Thank you for referring me that gtmetrix.com site. I didn't know about this awesome site until yesterday and it helped me a lot in figuring out what was causing the slowness.

It turned out that none of you were correct in analyzing the exact cause of slowness except ZeroAT who atleast managed to give me a little hint with his default.css not found comment. The default.css along with a few other css files was placed in an incorrect folder.

A few of the javascripts turned out to be the culprits. I moved them to the bottom and removed a few useless js and css files and optimised the code of a few others.

Quite a few css and js files are still showing as uncompressed but when I tried to compress them it causes major havoc, so I left them untouched.

Anyway, a big thank you to all for your suggestions.

P.S. Since ZeroAT's suggestions helped me the most, I have decided to give the free premium voucher to him. ZeroAT, please PM me if you need it. Thanks.

Thread Information