Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6779 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ExploringPC.com DedicatedSeedboxHosting.com

Default Apache is not responding, with ruTorrent installed!

Hello,

I've been using ruTorrent for almost 2 months now and this problem seemed to start from yesterday.
    I have a Cent OS 5 VPS with 512MB ram and ruTorrent was running just fine with the Apache web server for over 2 months.

But, since yesterday, my site was not opening/responding. Strangely, Apache was running fine, but when I entered my IP address in my browser, I got a connection time-out error.

I consulted the server support people, and they too said the httpd process in my VPS was running fine. I too checked and yes, it was running fine. I rebooted my VPS thrice over, restarted httpd but the problem still seemed to persist.

Being helpless, I formatted my server and re-installed ruTorrent and everything. After the format, the server seemed to run just fine, the pages were loading and Apache was running perfectly.
    Its just been 6 hours after the format and the same problem crawled back!

I rebooted the server, restarted Apache, but the problem is not solved. All the processes are working fine, including ruTorrent, because I can see that all the files are being downloaded form the respective RSS feeds!
    So I can confidently say that the sever is fine, its only that some wrong configuration error of ruTorrent has made Apache to malfunction!

It would be great if someone could please help me out. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    SlayerMaiden
    kundurocks Reviewed by kundurocks on . Apache is not responding, with ruTorrent installed! Hello, I've been using ruTorrent for almost 2 months now and this problem seemed to start from yesterday. I have a Cent OS 5 VPS with 512MB ram and ruTorrent was running just fine with the Apache web server for over 2 months. But, since yesterday, my site was not opening/responding. Strangely, Apache was running fine, but when I entered my IP address in my browser, I got a connection time-out error. I consulted the server support people, and they too said the httpd process in my VPS Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

one word:

ddos attack

solution: change your firewall rules

Thread Information