Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6723 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Doing things differently.

Default Thanks OR Hide mod?

Just finding out, what do YOU prefer to see a Thanks mod or Hide ( reply to see ) mod?

OR both.
    GeeZus Reviewed by GeeZus on . Thanks OR Hide mod? Just finding out, what do YOU prefer to see a Thanks mod or Hide ( reply to see ) mod? OR both. Rating: 5
    $project->uploading($surprise);
    //Fatal error: found object, can't execute, no earn = must kill self..

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    A thanks is always good. Since reply do take time.
    Btw there shoyld be a customized thanks mod where on reputating, thread should be bumped automatically.
    I believe thats the only reason people prefer Hide reply before Thanks mod

I prefer a Thanks mod. A hide mod is a bit like censorship, forcing users to reply to a thread which is uncalled for IMO.

thanks mod, replying takes u to the last page so u have to click again to go to the first page, that's time wasting.

Doing things differently.
    Ok, say for instance topics ( for downloads ) cannot have replies but the links are hidden unless you click " Thanks ".

Would that be a better idea or not?
    $project->uploading($surprise);
    //Fatal error: found object, can't execute, no earn = must kill self..

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    I hate both. Having to thank someone before you can see the content is pointless. Saying or giving thanks and then finding out links are dead or the rar is corrupt is terrible.

If you give thanks to a topic to see the content you can't reverse your thanks. You end up with members with huge reputation for posting thousands of dead links.
    As for replies having to go back and edit your reply is time consuming but at least you can.

A simple show me mod where a record is kept of who has seen the content without having to add to someone's rep or bump a topic is far better. You click a button (probably ajax) and the content is shown instantly and a record is made you've seen the contents. Then if the content is good you can reply with a comment or give thanks. Forcing people to do either is just wrong.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    Team-XPC.com
    Well there's already the spoiler tag embedded in most forums. It just requires people to press the button and it will reveal the links.

It's the best method for hiding links from google but still making it easy for members.
    Bad Uploaders: mayank101, zer(0), UltimateUploader, immu, much more..

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by so19 View Post
    Well there's already the spoiler tag embedded in most forums. It just requires people to press the button and it will reveal the links.

It's the best method for hiding links from google but still making it easy for members.
    Google can read the spoiler. It's just a hide/show div. Also no record is kept of who's seen it. I know for example in a VIP area you need to know who has seen the content (eg premium account) to try and work out who's leaking vip content in which case a spoiler doesn't work.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Ok, say for instance topics ( for downloads ) cannot have replies but the links are hidden unless you click " Thanks ".

Would that be a better idea or not?
    Hmm! Would not be a good idea atleast for guests since they will just leave out as it is just like forcing them to register and then click thanks.

Website's:
    wrzc.eu watchfreemoviez.eu
    Thanks is better to me.

Respect: SMLMATS, M-R-T, Elio, exel, SLiM, UltimA, Hx, Rick

MechoDDL - All Your Needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information