Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6782 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JGM

Lightbulb USAwarez owner receives jail sentence.

A 22-year-old Ohio man has been sentenced to 29 months in prison for selling counterfeit movies online while serving a home detention sentence, the U.S. Department of Justice said.

Richard Humphrey of North Ridgeville, Ohio, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the agency said.

Judge Lesley Wells also ordered Humphrey to give up computers and related hardware used to copy and sell the products. Humphrey pleaded guilty in Cleveland on Sept. 21 to one count of criminal copyright infringement for selling pirated movies prior to their commercial release through a Web site.

Between December 2006 and October 2007, Humphrey operated the subscription Web site, USAwarez.com, the DOJ said. Humphrey was serving a home detention sentence for unrelated charges when he started the file-sharing site, according to court documents.

Thousands of unauthorized copies of movies, computer games and other software products were available at the site, court documents said. Humphrey charged subscriptions for access to some of the pirated materials and also asked for donations to help run the site, the DOJ said. Beginning in mid-2007, Humphrey offered a VIP subscription to his site for $16 a year, court documents said.

In his guilty plea, Humphrey said he infringed the copyright of materials worth between $10,000 and $30,000.

U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation agents seized two personal computers and other hardware from Humphrey while executing a search warrant at his residence. The FBI also seized Humphrey's server, located at an Internet service provider, the DOJ said.

Source:
    Code: 
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9175858/Man_gets_jail_for_pirating_movies_under_house_arrest
    JGM.
    JGM Reviewed by JGM on . USAwarez owner receives jail sentence. A 22-year-old Ohio man has been sentenced to 29 months in prison for selling counterfeit movies online while serving a home detention sentence, the U.S. Department of Justice said. Richard Humphrey of North Ridgeville, Ohio, was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the agency said. Judge Lesley Wells also ordered Humphrey to give up computers and related hardware used to copy and sell the products. Humphrey pleaded guilty in Cleveland on Sept. 21 to Rating: 5

Sponsored Links

•     
    Respected Member
    Good. I hope everyone that sells or profits gets at least that.

•     
    loki
    so last year, already been posted

•     
    JGM
    Who was it that owned USAwarez I can't remember and it has been bugging me. Was it Ultima? For some reason I keep thinking it was but I really am not sure at all

JGM.

•     
    Website's:
    CSOffensive.com
    USAWareZ was selling pirated movies, games or just linking to uploaded movies etc just like other warez forums ?

Accepting Donation for a warez site
    Counter Strike : Global Offensive Forum

•     
    loki
    To0 hosted his own movies
  • Reply With QuoteRegister To Reply

•     
    Respected Member
    Website's:
    FreshWap.com KWWHunction.com
    seriously? and the owner Link Exchanging with sites

http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=84260

he came from jail? he got laptop with Pen-Drive net connection
    Dear Haters,
    "I respect you so much, that's why I salute you with 1 middle finger!"

Thank You !

•     
    Website's:
    CSOffensive.com
    CA

Check the domain
    Counter Strike : Global Offensive Forum

•     
    Website's:
    MoanMyName.net Celebs4.us WarezWeek.com ExpertHide.com
    I agree that they shouldn't be selling, but I don't think that file sharing should be criminal. I also don't think donations should be for anything except non-profit organizations - definitely not warez sites. Site costs should be covered by the sale of ads and thats it.

•     
    Respected Member
    Website's:
    FreshWap.com KWWHunction.com
    title: USAWarez
    and my link: USAWarez.net

which USAwarez is this?
    Dear Haters,
    "I respect you so much, that's why I salute you with 1 middle finger!"

Thank You !

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information