Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6869 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Linux Hardening & Security[cP/WHM + Apache]

Hai,

I wrote a step by step paper how to secure linux server with cP/WHM and Apache installed. By default, linux is not secured enough but you have to understand there is no such thing as "totally secured server/system". The purpose of this paper is to understand how to at least provide some kind of security to the server. I prefer lsws web-server without any Control Panel at all but for this paper I have used CentOS 5 with cP/WHM and Apache web-server installed since a lot of hosting companies and individuals are using it.

Code: 
    http://milw0rm.com/papers/346
    Krun!x Reviewed by Krun!x on . Linux Hardening & Security[cP/WHM + Apache] Hai, I wrote a step by step paper how to secure linux server with cP/WHM and Apache installed. By default, linux is not secured enough but you have to understand there is no such thing as "totally secured server/system". The purpose of this paper is to understand how to at least provide some kind of security to the server. I prefer lsws web-server without any Control Panel at all but for this paper I have used CentOS 5 with cP/WHM and Apache web-server installed since a lot of hosting Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    Plutost.com OffshorePort.net Desi-Mobilez.com PhotoshopDesigner.co.uk TutsBy.me BabesWallpapers.net
    Thanks
    Will come handy
    Plutost.com Asia & Europe Hosting Provider / Offshore Shared/VPS Hosting / Even Better than Gold
    WHMCS License Verify (Catch those scam hosts)
    Tutorials By .Me

Website's:
    InvestDude.com
    very nice, unfortunately I dun use CentOS nor Cpanel
    InvestDude.com Learn to make money by investing in hyips (high yield investment programs), affiliate marketing and tons of other method ;)

Bookmarked, thanks.

You are welcome

thanks for your effort to do something good, you put some effort into this tuturial.

Thread Information