The Guide Bellow is Written by Me for KWWHunction.com. If you wish to use it elsewhere, drop me a PM.

Hi guys, Today ill be writing a guide on finding a successful web host, with all the information you need.

Firstly for people who are just beginning with web hosting - a webhost is what gets your website on the internet. It consists of a certain amount of Web Storage known as Disk Space, and a Certain amount of Bandwidth (Known as Data transfer).

Web Hosting is what your site is hosted on. The guide bellow will focus on Shared and Reseller Hosting.

Shared Hosting is the very basic of hosting. It consists of a server of which up to 200+ clients may be hosted on. The server may be located in USA, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, i can go on forever...

Shared Hosting is what you should start with when you first start a web host. It comes with cPanel (Preferred) or Directadmin which is the main base control panel (this is where you do all the uploading of files, setup email accounts, manage FTP accounts and set file permissions (In cPanel File manager).

When you search for a host, you would want to be looking for a Web Host that has cPanel.

Disk Space:
Disk Space is where your files are hosted. The more dick space you have, the more data you can store on your server. Makes sense right?

For a starter website, look for around the 10 - 15GB. This will give you plenty of room for your site to grow.

Bandwidth:
Bandwidth is the data transfer on your site. Uploading to your site through cPanel uses bandwidth. A user accessing your site uses bandwidth. You would like a generous amount of Bandwidth (100 - 200GB) for a starter site. Once again, this will give you time to grow.

Many hosts these days come with Unlimited or Unmetered Bandwidth or Disk Space. Dont go for these hosts! They normally either have a special term somewhere in there terms of service which says you can only use a certain amount, or they will overload there servers with cheap prices and host 1000 clients on 1 server (Causing downtime and stress to you, and your site).

Pricing:
Pricing is a interesting one. Prices vary at every post. Im not telling you that cheap hosts are bad, but more informing you of possible outcomes that you may come across. Cheap hosts, normally mean slow support times, or they have a terrible slow server. This is because they cant afford quality stuff (as they are not making such a profit).
A cheap webhost may have 1000 clients, where as a web host that is a little more expensive may have 250 - but the host with 250 clients will still be earning more money than the one with 1000 clients. You will also receive better support ticket times, and a better server quality (more uptime, less downtime).

So now the question is asked.. what is a suitable price to pay for a Web Host? Depending on what project your going to be hosting depends on how much you pay. For less important things, go for a cheaper host, but not to cheap. Hosts with any plans under $1 - $1.20 are either scams, or wont last! They cant afford to offer a quality service for this price, nor can they afford to pay for any quality server or offer any support.

Anywhere from $1.99 up is not too bad, but for the most decent service, look at plans that average $3 - $5 per month. These hosts normally show pride in what they do.

Custom designs:
A serious web host would have there own custom design/site theme. This means that have spent some money and are proud to offer there services. It also normally means that it has been around for a while, and plans to be around for a while. When you sign up for a web host, ask how many clients they have before you signup. (Some hosts wont tell you for security reasons) some will. Dont sign up to a web host with 10 clients, it will be shut down within that month and your money will be gone.

Offshore/Onshore
- A offshore Web Host is a Web Host that allows illegal content (or content that is allowed in the hosted company) but not allowed onshore in USA. Offshore locations very from Netherlands, Lithuania, Germany. Some are better then others. Go for Lithuania if you want to host illegal softwares, heavy warez linking etc.

- A onshore Web Host is a host that allows LEGAL content, hosts will terminate you if you host illegal content on legal servers. Locations are USA, UK, these are legal countries. For important legal projects, go for onshore for better speeds and network quality!

Check there software is valid!
99.9% of hosts use a billing client software known as WHMCS. Often hosts use Hostbill, Clientexe or Blesta.

For WHMCS, make sure your host is using a legal valid licensed version of the software before entering any information! Dont sign up to a host with a illegal WHMCS license. They dont believe in paying $15 per month which means they wont believe in client satisfaction, nor will they believe in paying for a decent server. WHMCS have a verify domain system on there site linked here:http://www.whmcs.com...erifydomain.php
Check the hosting domain before signing up!

With that being said, there is not much you can do about Hostbill, Clientexe or Blesta illegal copies. Its hard to tell if its a legal version. There are ways to do it but WHMCS is the most popular.

Sites that offer 25 Minute Response times normally dont respond in 25 minutes with a decent response to fix your problem. Send a ticket to your Web Host before signing up and see how long they take to reply!

With all that being said, i made this guide, and if you would like to post it anywhere, on other forums etc just send me a PM so i can give you permission to.

Bellow i will list the top 10 trusted hosts of whom are on KWWHunction. If your a Web Host and want your site listed (you must own the site or have a successful part in the business) send me a PM and ill get you added. Onshore and Offshore alike.

Top 5 Offshore Hosts:
1. ___________________
2. ___________________
3. ___________________
4. ___________________
5. ___________________

Top 5 Onshore:
1. ___________________
2. ___________________
3. ___________________
4. ___________________
5. ___________________

Thank you for reading, if this could get stickied,i would be more than grateful to the community.

Regards,
Crystal
CrystalHost.org Reviewed by CrystalHost.org on . How to find a successful Web Host - 1000 Word Guide The Guide Bellow is Written by Me for KWWHunction.com. If you wish to use it elsewhere, drop me a PM. Hi guys, Today ill be writing a guide on finding a successful web host, with all the information you need. Firstly for people who are just beginning with web hosting - a webhost is what gets your website on the internet. It consists of a certain amount of Web Storage known as Disk Space, and a Certain amount of Bandwidth (Known as Data transfer). Web Hosting is what your site is hosted Rating: 5