Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6822 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    EiffelHost.com

Default Do you believe unlimited disk space or limited in hosting?

Hi everyone,

This is a question I have been asking myself.
    Would you rather go with a webhost that proposes Unlimited disk space or limited ?

Thanks
    VictoriaD Reviewed by VictoriaD on . Do you believe unlimited disk space or limited in hosting? Hi everyone, This is a question I have been asking myself. Would you rather go with a webhost that proposes Unlimited disk space or limited ? Thanks Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

unlimited ftw..

Banned
    limited obviously..

unlimited = oversold or fukin inode limites

i always keep away from webhosts that offer unlimited diskspace - that is just not possible and mostly shows that service is (highly) oversold or have some other stupid limits. sooner or later you`ll get into trouble with that webhost - high server load, slow websites etc.

I agree with itmees. I believe that there is nothing on earth called "unlimited". Everything has an end. Such words are merely used for attracting stupid people.

Website's:
    MechoDDL.com Leaserver.com
    I would rather prefer who mentions unmetered BW than unlimited.

They use word unlimited to make a person attracted towards their hosting as person will think they cn use any amnt of bw. But after u cross a certain amount of bw, either ur site will load slow or your account will get suspended.

So limited is better
    || Leaserver : Virtual Server Solutions
    || Leaserver.com - Virtual servers | Netherlands
    || 99.9% server uptime guaranteed
    || www.leaserver.com | email : [email protected]

I use limited hosting for production website (so, my forums/etc) but I also have an unlimited hosting account with some random site from here that I upload backups to (I'm talking about hosting between 30-40GB worth of backups, with approximately 1GB extra added daily).

I have the backups both on my dedi and the `unlimited` shared hosting.

So.. I only use the shitty unlimited hosting to dump files on and costs minimal to store them there and if I actually want to run a website off it I go for limited hosts since I would prefer my site to run fast.

Website's:
    mydediservers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by itmees View Post
    i always keep away from webhosts that offer unlimited diskspace - that is just not possible and mostly shows that service is (highly) oversold or have some other stupid limits. sooner or later you`ll get into trouble with that webhost - high server load, slow websites etc.
    ^ +1 Nice Explanation.

Limited is always better. Unlimited is always oversold and will lead to issues in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information