'The world's first full smartphone movie'

American director uses Nokia smartphone to make full-length film called Olive starring Oscar nominated Gena Rowlands.

An American filmmaker has made what is claimed to be the first feature-length movie shot with a smartphone, with Golden Globe-winning actress Gena Rowlands in the starring role.
The movie called Olive, about an inspirational young girl, was filmed using a Nokia N8 cellphone, with a high-resolution camera adapted with a 35-mm lens to give added depth of field. The smartphone was mounted on a tripod.

It is the first full-length smartphone film. South Korean film-maker Park Chan-wook made a fantasy-horror film Paranmanjang, shot entirely on an iPhone, but it was a 30-minute short film.
The first five minutes of Olive can be seen at The movie cost less than $500,000 (?320,000) and was financed by Chris Kelly, an executive with social network giant Facebook, and William O'Keeffe, a San Francisco-based philanthropist. The film is about a 10-year-old girl who "transforms" the lives of three characters: an old, bitter woman - played by Rowlands - an obese man and a foreigner adjusting to life in the United States.
Finnish cellphone giant Nokia has had no particular input into the film. "They sent me a phone," said Khalili, adding: "After March of 2011 I never heard from Nokia again, they disappeared.
downloadsmasti Reviewed by downloadsmasti on . The world's first full smartphone movie 'The world's first full smartphone movie' http://i.lulzimg.com/0dd6661fc4.jpg American director uses Nokia smartphone to make full-length film called Olive starring Oscar nominated Gena Rowlands. An American filmmaker has made what is claimed to be the first feature-length movie shot with a smartphone, with Golden Globe-winning actress Gena Rowlands in the starring role. The movie called Olive, about an inspirational young girl, was filmed using a Nokia N8 cellphone, with a Rating: 5