Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6472 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default site under ddos attack

My site has been under a ddos attack for the last few days, so I decided to change servers in the hope that this would make a difference.

However they have followed me and I am currently under another attack.

What software/steps do you think would be best to try and stop this from happening.
    mackem Reviewed by mackem on . site under ddos attack My site has been under a ddos attack for the last few days, so I decided to change servers in the hope that this would make a difference. However they have followed me and I am currently under another attack. What software/steps do you think would be best to try and stop this from happening. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Try pointing your domain name away from your server, this will determine if they are using the domain name or the ip.

Being it followed you to a new server I would think they are flooding your domain name.

Are you on a VPS or shared hosting?

Have you looked at your logs?

Have you contacted your host for assistance?

It would be helpful to know what you have done already.

I am on a vps and haven't as yet looked at the logs but it is a bit strange that I am getting attacked within hours of changing over servers.

I have contacted my host for assistance and am currently waiting for a reply.

Before I changed server the previous hosts tried everything to try and stop it from happening and I think they eventually gave up.

They are attacking the domain name, there is no question about that.

Website's:
    allskip.com
    what is ur Site URL in which ur getting DDosed on ? i would suggest to shift on some Heavy Hosting Company and when u Get Attacked, tell them that ur getting DDos and they will handle it easily, Small hosting Company won't be able to Stop it...

the domain name is www.behindthegoals.co.uk and I have moved my site now to servedome, where I hope that they might be able to sort things out.

do you recommend any good hosting company that I can use if you think servedome won't be able to help out

the site is back up again at the moment because I turned off the server for a while

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Being you are on a vps your host may or may not help you depending on your SLA.

What are you using for a control panel for hosting?

Your host may be able to install some software to help reduce the dos.

Park your domain name at your registrar for a while and let the attacker attack them instead, it may get the attacker offline when they realize the attack is happening.

I am using kloxo and solusvm and I have been thinking about moving that domain name back to the registrar as I do have others that I can use.

Website's:
    allskip.com
    I like hostv.com their service is very very good..... and i'm agreed to WDF on this Point.. Park your domain name at your registrar for a while and let the attacker attack them instead, it may get the attacker offline when they realize the attack is happening.

How long do you think would be a decent time to have my domain name parked at my registrar for 24 or 48 hours or even longer.

It begins...
    If you've got the budget and want actual DDoS protection/filtering, go with http://www.serverorigin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information