Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6448 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im

Default Unmanaged or Managed VPS

I was just thinking of this matter for a few days now. Upon reading a lot of hosting companies' threads, I am not that 100% sure whom to host with when I decided to get a VPS for my sites. I just wanna ask if it would be better to get an unmanaged VPS like from http://vpsfactory.com & just manage it on my own or get it from a host & let them manage it?

I think it's not that hard to learn on how to run the unmanaged one right? And also using free softwares for the VPS is not like risking too much for the sites' security?
    ceekeigh Reviewed by ceekeigh on . Unmanaged or Managed VPS I was just thinking of this matter for a few days now. Upon reading a lot of hosting companies' threads, I am not that 100% sure whom to host with when I decided to get a VPS for my sites. I just wanna ask if it would be better to get an unmanaged VPS like from http://vpsfactory.com & just manage it on my own or get it from a host & let them manage it? I think it's not that hard to learn on how to run the unmanaged one right? And also using free softwares for the VPS is not like risking Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

i haven't heard very good things about vpsfactory.
    but i guess go ahead and try it =P. you could get a better result

Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im
    I am still on the process of deciding whom to go with.

Banned
    Wow, this is the first post where people have not spammed with their own sites.

VPS Factory are good, I know there are lots of bad things about them, but the good things are never posted. They are good and you should give them ago.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Wow, this is the first post where people have not spammed with their own sites.

VPS Factory are good, I know there are lots of bad things about them, but the good things are never posted. They are good and you should give them ago.
    Negative
    =======================

Well as you are new in these stuffs, you should probably go for Managed VPS
    If you want a challenge, then you can go for Unmanaged and Learn from Online Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Sandin0 View Post
    i haven't heard very good things about vpsfactory.
    but i guess go ahead and try it =P. you could get a better result
    I've never had problems with VPSFactory. So I don't get where people are getting problems from as they have super fast support great uptimes, ect.

Website's:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Website's:
    ServeDome.com
    If your host provides management services at affordable rates then I would suggest a managed vps.Unmanaged vps will also do if you have a good control panel like cPanel.

cPanel is being installed on your vps right now.

Respected Developer
    Some hosts are just hating on VPSFactory because they are rather big competition I guess. I have a VPS with them and the quality is A+. I'd recommend them.

Website's:
    Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information